Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lindsey Vonn

hornball Offline
Posting Machine

Lindsey Vonn
Staggered to see that there was no discussion thread (until now) to celebrate and give thanks for the Career - and unmatched genius - of the greatest Downhill racer of them all! - certainly women's! I noticed this whilst posting my thanks on the celeb thread - albeit on the topic of LV - which was a pics only thread,

Legend is a term and status - as we all know - far too liberally assigned these days to 'stars' of sport, whose achievements - while notable - are not in the same league as the best of the best! Without question, Lindsey Vonn is NOT one of those, and is - instead - an undisputed legend! Came so close to the outright record for wins, but has the consolation of knowing that it was her hero I Stenmark that ultimately stood in her way!

I know I can't be the only fan/admirer!
06-02-2020 21:13
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

RE: LINDSEY VONN
I remember she had a serious skiing accident in the 2013 World championships where she tore her anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in her right knee, with a tibial plateau fracture. She retired in 2019. She is a skiing legend no doubt about that, but when you think about it skiing is risk taking sport and you never know when one accident could even kill you or end your career.

1 Olympic gold medal at Down hill in Vancouver in 2010 as well as bronze in Super G and a bronze in 2018 in Korea
2 Golds at World championships at Val D'Isere in 2009 at downhill & Super G.

Hope she is happier in life.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
07-02-2020 07:55
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(07-02-2020 07:55 )babelover48 Wrote:  I remember she had a serious skiing accident in the 2013 World championships where she tore her anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in her right knee, with a tibial plateau fracture. She retired in 2019. She is a skiing legend no doubt about that, but when you think about it skiing is risk taking sport and you never know when one accident could even kill you or end your career.

1 Olympic gold medal at Down hill in Vancouver in 2010 as well as bronze in Super G and a bronze in 2018 in Korea

I recall there was a documentary made about her recovery from that injury and the rehab process! Determined and single minded don't begin to describe the Vonn character (from the outside looking in)

Yes I remember, that she wanted to sign off at Lake Louise?? I believe, so came back for the start of last season (2019) but the constant issues that so many injuries had built up, wouldn't -unfortunately- allow her to go out on her own terms in a sense! I was actually - still am if I am being honest - very surprised at the lack of fanfare around her retirement - not because that is what she would have wanted - I don't believe she was that self absorbed - but because that is the least her career and achievements deserved!!

NB I will never understand the prize money (although Lindsey et al are wealthy women) differential in this sport men v women
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2020 12:34 by hornball.)
07-02-2020 12:24
hornball Offline
Posting Machine

(07-02-2020 07:55 )babelover48 Wrote:  I remember she had a serious skiing accident in the 2013 World championships where she tore her anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in her right knee, with a tibial plateau fracture. She retired in 2019. She is a skiing legend no doubt about that, but when you think about it skiing is risk taking sport and you never know when one accident could even kill you or end your career.

If not, I am here Lindsey!!HeartBounce In all seriousness, I hope so too!!
07-02-2020 12:30