cherry tv

clips4sale

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.93 Average

Exciting news... maybe?

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Exciting news... maybe?
Just noticed 912 giving an onscreen demonstration on how to lock-out and/or PIN protect the adult channels.

Does this mean anything? Is it a sign that Ofcum are about to relax regulations and put more of the responsibility on the parents... or am I just a hopeless optimist?
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 21:04 by StanTheMan.)
04-06-2009 21:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rover Offline

RE: Exciting news... maybe?
l think you may be just a hopeless optimist Smile ofcom relax the rule's sadly it will never happen.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me,either. Just leave me alone.
04-06-2009 21:09
smme100 Offline
Apprentice Poster

It's a promotion run by the Participation Broadcasters Association set up around the same time as OFCOM lauched their initial Participation TV consultation last spring.

Their response to the consultation is at http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/...tv_ass.pdf

The list of association members is confidential and not shown but I think we can guess at many of the adult phone sex channels, possibly including Tease Me TV as they are running the promo, which certainly would'nt win an award for production quality.

The "association" which appears to be a firm of lawyers, will probably mention how they have run these promos to show "responsibility" when OFCOM consults again later this year.
04-06-2009 21:16
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

That's all rather dull, isn't it? Thanks very much for the info, smme.
04-06-2009 22:17
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

Thanks for that link smme100. As it says in the response, these channels generate revenue between 60-100 million a year, which should buy the services of a lot of big-strong-strapping lawyers!
05-06-2009 02:20
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

They are trying to look pro-active for ofcom's benefit seeing as at midnight and 1am respectively B/Station and Partyland flash up a warning that the programmes are for over 18's only and have adult content.
05-06-2009 03:12
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

mikedafc Wrote:They are trying to look pro-active for ofcom's benefit seeing as at midnight and 1am respectively B/Station and Partyland flash up a warning that the programmes are for over 18's only and have adult content.

It's just a pity Ofcunt can't see this and let them get on with showing some real over 18s stuff, then.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2009 14:41 by StanTheMan.)
05-06-2009 14:40
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

Couldn't agree with you more StanTheMan.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
05-06-2009 15:35
Browser1 Offline
Senior Poster

smme100 Wrote:It's a promotion run by the Participation Broadcasters Association set up around the same time as OFCOM lauched their initial Participation TV consultation last spring.

Their response to the consultation is at http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/...tv_ass.pdf

The list of association members is confidential and not shown but I think we can guess at many of the adult phone sex channels, possibly including Tease Me TV as they are running the promo, which certainly would'nt win an award for production quality.

The "association" which appears to be a firm of lawyers, will probably mention how they have run these promos to show "responsibility" when OFCOM consults again later this year.

To be honest, I think that that's highly unlikely. If they wanted to look responsible, then they would have started showing it right after Ofcoms initial consultation. AFAIK, I havenn't seen this promo myself. Besides, its a wasted effort - they're not using PIN Protection, so why are they showing the promo - its kind of like using a hammer to bash away at a nail that isn't there.

IMHO, they may be attempting to introduce PIN Protection themselves. I mean, how hard is it to get a hold of the technology? Surely some AV engineer would be able to put it together. I think that all we can do is wait and see what's coming down the pipe.
06-06-2009 00:50

gemma hiles