Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average

In Response

Big Boobies Offline
Posting Machine

RE: In Response
I have noticed on my LCD Widescreen television a great improvement but when watching Babestation from a DVD ; having recorded the programme the night before the image is very good but I still cant see all two/three girls in the small box top right of screen. As far as I can tell everything is set up allright; any clues or is it just me?
12-06-2009 12:25
Find all posts by this user
Dreamlander Offline

Strangely,your post coincided with the picture going to anamorphic 4:3 and now it looks perfect in 16:9.It happened at around 12:24pm when you cut to the 'righthand' camera so thanks for that.I just rewound my Sky+Smile I haven't seen the overly colourful 'lefthand 4:3' camera for about 7 minutes are you fixing it lol! Smile

Dreamlander
12-06-2009 12:32
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Shady Cee Wrote:LOL Wasn't that 'cultural wastelend' reference a line from Babylon 5? So you don't watch TV, except Babylon 5 then? Wink Damn good programme though.
Bablylon 5 was the best Sci Fi series ever on tv.
12-06-2009 12:32
Dreamlander Offline

Moderation Station Wrote:
Dreamlander Wrote:I'm currently watching Lynsey on 906 and she is definitely being filmed in 4:3.The graphics are anamorphic which tricks your eyes into thinking you're watching a 16:9 broadcast but you're not.Charlie on 909 is being broadcast in 16:9.

Dreamlander

I am very rarely in during the day, as i say i pretty much solely moderate the BS show at night. Today is my first day back in a while and i've landed a rare day shift. I have personally gone up and checked both cameras and studio output from the set. Both are fine and being shot in 16:9. The returns both studio and transmission are both coming down to operations in 16:9. Monitors from home all report no problems. I can only assume there is an issue with upload at one of the sites (which would consequently affect a large area) or an issue with your TV, or receiver unit i.e. SKY or FV picture settings.

Hope this helps, but this end it's all 16:9 baby.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've left the above in for transparency.

After faffing with different monitors and cameras i have rectified the problem. The camera settings were NOT set to widescreen. The camera menu system is somewhat confusing on this front. It says 16:9 but unless you go into a sub-menu it doesn't tell you whether it is active or not. I have pointed out the problem to the daytime staff and there should not be a repeat. Providing they listen to a lowly 'night-timer' such as myself.

Sorry guys, hope all is good now. (Now that's interactive TV for you!)

Just read your update and thanks for sorting it out it's 16:9 on both cameras now,cheers! Next on the agenda is getting both cameras to record a good picture! Big Grin One camera is sharper with a very natural colour and contrast but the other one is all 'reds and fuzzyness' Are they the same make and model or is one higher spec'd than the other?

Dreamlander-Appreciate your knob twiddling skills Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009 12:42 by Dreamlander.)
12-06-2009 12:42
Moderation Station Offline
I Love my Job

Yay Babylon 5 rocked,

In regards to the colour correction, they are the same make and model camera. We have had this problem before and no matter how much care you take inb white balencing them. Sometimes, even when the settings are the same. The image comes out slightly different.

Sorry, can't fix this prob i'm afraid. Maybe, when we get bought new cameras.... in 2025.
12-06-2009 13:13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Josh Offline
Posting Machine

Thats what I like to see, straight back into work sorting out issues after a holiday. Im glad the picture is back to normal. Next Point is can you collapse the txt box after the final message has been read out, similar to how its done on BS2, PP 3am and the day shows.

12-06-2009 14:38
Dreamlander Offline

Moderation Station Wrote:Yay Babylon 5 rocked,

In regards to the colour correction, they are the same make and model camera. We have had this problem before and no matter how much care you take inb white balencing them. Sometimes, even when the settings are the same. The image comes out slightly different.

Sorry, can't fix this prob i'm afraid. Maybe, when we get bought new cameras.... in 2025.

Yeah,the 'wick' has got to be getting pretty short on those gas powered cameras now lol! Big Grin Thanks for the information and help though.
Any chance you could only use the good camera on Paige tonight,it would help Josh and me no end,cheers! Big Grin

Dreamlander
12-06-2009 17:00
vila Offline
Viewers' Champion

There was a rogue 4:3 camera on BS1 last night.

It was the roving camera being used for occasional close-ups, so it didn't impact too much, but when it did the results were awful. Poor Tiffany looked quite grotesque in one shot.

@Moderation Station: Suggest all cameras be re-checked before tonight's show! Smile
13-06-2009 14:06
I Love my Job

vila Wrote:There was a rogue 4:3 camera on BS1 last night.

It was the roving camera being used for occasional close-ups, so it didn't impact too much, but when it did the results were awful. Poor Tiffany looked quite grotesque in one shot.

@Moderation Station: Suggest all cameras be re-checked before tonight's show! Smile

Cheers for that, but as i'm sure you can imagine. I'm not on every night and while i do make sure my shows are as flawless as possible, we're all only human. If a camera loses power it will reset and that lovely 16:9 selection will be lost. All cameras are checked, or at least should be at the start of every show. I can't be everywhere at once. Some guy tried that whole 'omnipresent thing' a long time ago while turning out to be his own father. yeah, he got crucified for that one. I'll just try and make my show as good as possible.
14-06-2009 21:22
I Love my Job

Big Boobies Wrote:I have noticed on my LCD Widescreen television a great improvement but when watching Babestation from a DVD ; having recorded the programme the night before the image is very good but I still cant see all two/three girls in the small box top right of screen. As far as I can tell everything is set up allright; any clues or is it just me?

Err.... Your screen ARC is set to 'Zoom'?

I have no clue, read the manual. Or put up some pictures of it, i'm sure some clever tech genius on here will figure it out.
14-06-2009 22:02
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV