One vote
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Queen of Babestation 2018 - Your View

The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: Queen of Babestation 2018 - Your View
(02-11-2018 20:36 )ai1234 Wrote:  The cup competition format isn't a vote for your favourite girl. It's a vote for your favourite girl from the two available options.

More than that, there can be tactical voting in the hope that 'your babe' gets an easier opponent in the following round.

However, thanks to eyres42 for asking the question now. Maybe we won't get so many greetin' faces after the result is announced this time Wink
02-11-2018 21:02
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jack the Nipper Offline
Posting Machine

(02-11-2018 20:57 )ryuken Wrote:  
(02-11-2018 19:41 )Sm© Wrote:  One poll, all the girls, most votes wins... like it should have been for the last 10 fuckin years...

LOL all forum awards should be voted for in this format, it's so much more straight forward.

The knockout format and my World Cup idea are way too convoluted and drawn out.

I'd agree with comments for an X-Factor style poll where all the names in that particularly round are all in then the one/two lowest voting names are eliminated then start again for the next round then so on.The old problem with the World Cup format is a well documented one where one name could coast through on an easier run to the final & others could face the group of death scenario in every round.
02-11-2018 21:11
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

I used to run Ultimate Babe and the daytime equivalent. I gave both up after a few years for a combination of different reasons. Although the formats I used seemed to work ok at face value I never felt truly comfortable and at peace with it all. Knowing what I know now I would not have run them at all.
At least not in any other format than a straight vote. I adopted a halfway house where everyone nominated their top 10 babes with a points system from 10 pts for 1st down to 1 point for 10th with the top 16 point scoring babes qualifying for a fully or partially seeded knockout phase.
But looking back it seems ineffectual to me now. Typical snookered, trying to cover all the bases and please everybody to a degree and not really succeeding to any meaningful degree even if the comps I ran passed off without incident.
It should have always been a straight vote with no knockout phase or group phase no matter how boring it seems.

Group phases have the potential disadvantage of uneven strength groups which seems grossly unfair and could manifest a highly dubious and distorted outcome.

Knockout phases with completely open cup style draws potentially open up the possibility of top babes being put up against each other very early which once again creates an argument about a distorted or false end result.
And full transparency of the draw is not known as people cannot see the draw being made.

Seeded knockout phases were often deemed as too predictable and influencing people to vote in favour of the top seeds.

So in essence the tournament organiser for whatever tournament was and always will be on a hiding to nothing no matter what they do.
The only sensible and completely transparent system is a straight vote from the off. I realize that now and regret stringing out tournaments for dramas sake. It was inherently pointless and always will be.
This being said I would be surprised if anybody but Scarlett or Atlanta wins Queen of Babestation or Ultimate Babe as I said before irrespective of the format.

02-11-2018 22:17
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

My preferences would be Scarlett Jones, Ashley Emma, Atlanta Moreno and Sophie Hart

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
02-11-2018 22:27
The Goatman Offline
King Of Goats

is this just for nightshow girls ?

I miss Amber Coen
02-11-2018 22:40
eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a straight vote is the one so I shall go with the will of the people.

Will open the vote up in coming days.
02-11-2018 22:46
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(02-11-2018 19:41 )Sm© Wrote:  One poll, all the girls, most votes wins... like it should have been for the last 10 fuckin years...
Reminds me of a forum where people voted for their favourite ABBA song, one nomination each.

17 people entered.

There were 17 different choices made Surprised

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
02-11-2018 23:09
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

^ There are as many as 17 different performers on B.S. these days are there?
Amazing.
02-11-2018 23:16
Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

(02-11-2018 23:09 )Doddle Wrote:  
Reminds me of a forum where people voted for their favourite ABBA song, one nomination each.

17 people entered.

There were 17 different choices made Surprised

The winner didn't take it all then.Wink
02-11-2018 23:18

Click here to watch Babestation TV