Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

downhill

Shandy Offline

RE: downhill
Chilly Wrote:
Quote:Do you pay to watch the channels? No
Yes, I do pay for Sky.

yea but its part of the free package on sky, she is referring to the adult channels you have to pay extra for, which i am guessin you don't do.........
20-05-2009 21:16
Find all posts by this user
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Chilly Wrote:
Quote:Do you pay to watch the channels? No
Yes, I do pay for Sky.
Quote:Do you personally phone or txt in to the shows? I would be surprised
Yes I have done.
Quote:Do you get to see attractive women show you any part of their bodies every night of the week in your day to day life? wouldn't think so or you wouldn't be here moaning
Not every day, as she's away at Uni.

I guess that shows what you know. Tongue

ladies & Gentlemen....the idiots guide to debate

Focus on the minor trivialities of an argument, while totally ignoring the main crux of the point so as to try not to lose

The simple fact that you ignored the main point of my post is enough proof for me that you seriously have no point to make and are simply negative for negativity's sake

Ended - no more to say - no point saying anymore anyway

20-05-2009 21:21
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

SxciiSooky Wrote:The simple fact that you ignored the main point of my post is enough proof for me that you seriously have no point to make and are simply negative for negativity's sake

Ended - no more to say - no point saying anymore anyway

If I may add a little more negativity:

Enjoy the show while you can Chilly.
The world ends in 2012.
20-05-2009 21:40
tsurugi Offline
Banned

going downhill......has been downhill for years the fact is babestar ruined it for everyone. It seems that cellcast are more concerned about the freeview market and so has had to tame it down even more and you better get used to it because all the channels will soon follow suit before they cease to exist altogether
20-05-2009 21:42
Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

SxciiSooky Wrote:ladies & Gentlemen....the idiots guide to debate

Focus on the minor trivialities of an argument, while totally ignoring the main crux of the point so as to try not to lose
And does your idiot's guide say anything about the kind of reply you're likely to get when you personalise the debate? Sad
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2009 21:48 by Jonnieboy.)
20-05-2009 21:48
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Jonnieboy Wrote:
SxciiSooky Wrote:ladies & Gentlemen....the idiots guide to debate

And does your idiot's guide say anything about the kind of reply you're likely to get when you personalise the debate? Sad

My final final point on the matter lol

No personalisation of the debate took place. The previous posters post was given as an example - the point I made had no personal references contained within them Smile

The points could so easily be referencing any number of 'debates' that have taken place throughout this forum - most notably in the flamebox with the same relevancy Big Grin

EDIT: However, there is always going to be some form of personalisation in a debate when you are replying to/quoting etc people. There is, however, a big difference between personalising something, and it being personal.
Just because someone doesn't agree with what you say is no reason to take it personally

(This post was last modified: 20-05-2009 22:14 by Sooky™.)
20-05-2009 22:07
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

Oh well, at least we can all agree, and also be grateful to admin and the mods that we have a place where we can freely express our views on the shows, even if we don't always agree with each other. Wink Smile
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2009 22:18 by Chilly.)
20-05-2009 22:16
matt38 Offline
Posting Machine

vostok 1 Wrote:
Chilly Wrote:I may be wrong, but I reckon things could reach a 'tipping point' when the Conservatives are back in power.

Think about it, things are so tame on the babe shows, and this is under a Labour Government. So, can you honestly say that things will improve under a Conservative one? Didn't think so.
What are the Conservative Party's view on "Babe Channels"? Never heard them.

Just to add my small pennies worth about this discussion. Can you imagine if whatever government of the day decided to ban these channels from broadcasting, would this not amount to censorship of the highest form. What could lead on from this the banning of certain papers, radio shows, it could lead to a whole can of worms being opened. As for these babe shows being banned, don,t we already have some daily tabloids that have girls topless and nude, these have been going alot longer then the television shows without being banned outright. One more point about the BS show, Ofcom and these shows ending, I think we can all remember a certain reality show that was caught up in a bit of a row that went up to the highest level. Ofcom fined the station, the row blew over and the dust settled everything forgotton. The end result the show survived and is about to start its 10th series (boo). If insulting a persons ethnic origins is not enough to get something removed of air, then a few boobs and bums in the early hours must be quite harmless.
21-05-2009 18:39
MARCCE Offline
Senior Poster

matt38 Wrote:Just to add my small pennies worth about this discussion. Can you imagine if whatever government of the day decided to ban these channels from broadcasting, would this not amount to censorship of the highest form. What could lead on from this the banning of certain papers, radio shows, it could lead to a whole can of worms being opened. As for these babe shows being banned, don,t we already have some daily tabloids that have girls topless and nude, these have been going alot longer then the television shows without being banned outright. One more point about the BS show, Ofcom and these shows ending, I think we can all remember a certain reality show that was caught up in a bit of a row that went up to the highest level. Ofcom fined the station, the row blew over and the dust settled everything forgotton. The end result the show survived and is about to start its 10th series (boo). If insulting a persons ethnic origins is not enough to get something removed of air, then a few boobs and bums in the early hours must be quite harmless.

The difference being that you don't phone up tabloid newspapers getting the girl to show something or getting them to talk dirty to you.

Ofcom seem to have a problem with sex being sold live on tv but don't really seem to know how to challenge it within their regulations in a way that will stop all the channels once and for all. It took them ages to get rid of Babestar for example, a channel which basically flouted the majority of the rules.

Not surprising perhaps when their objections always come back to the old argument about "protecting the children" which totally overlooks the fact that if any kid is up into the wee small hours of the morning watching the babe channels, the issues run a lot deeper than merely banning the babe channels.

At the end of the day, the channels seemingly make a fair bit of money doing things as they are. New channels are still jumping on the gravy train to get a bit of the action. If existing as they are makes money and keeps Ofcom off their backs at the same time, this is the road they're going to take.

It's been noticeable for quite some time that Babestation has become a lot tamer. Amanda these days is massively diluted from what she was 18 months ago for example. Will be interesting to see how things develop with Elite because they're probably about the same level in terms of raunchiness that Babestation were back then.
21-05-2009 19:19
Gamehead Offline
Would you kindly?

MARCCE Wrote:
matt38 Wrote:Just to add my small pennies worth about this discussion. Can you imagine if whatever government of the day decided to ban these channels from broadcasting, would this not amount to censorship of the highest form. What could lead on from this the banning of certain papers, radio shows, it could lead to a whole can of worms being opened. As for these babe shows being banned, don,t we already have some daily tabloids that have girls topless and nude, these have been going alot longer then the television shows without being banned outright. One more point about the BS show, Ofcom and these shows ending, I think we can all remember a certain reality show that was caught up in a bit of a row that went up to the highest level. Ofcom fined the station, the row blew over and the dust settled everything forgotton. The end result the show survived and is about to start its 10th series (boo). If insulting a persons ethnic origins is not enough to get something removed of air, then a few boobs and bums in the early hours must be quite harmless.

The difference being that you don't phone up tabloid newspapers getting the girl to show something or getting them to talk dirty to you.

Ofcom seem to have a problem with sex being sold live on tv but don't really seem to know how to challenge it within their regulations in a way that will stop all the channels once and for all. It took them ages to get rid of Babestar for example, a channel which basically flouted the majority of the rules.

Not surprising perhaps when their objections always come back to the old argument about "protecting the children" which totally overlooks the fact that if any kid is up into the wee small hours of the morning watching the babe channels, the issues run a lot deeper than merely banning the babe channels.

At the end of the day, the channels seemingly make a fair bit of money doing things as they are. New channels are still jumping on the gravy train to get a bit of the action. If existing as they are makes money and keeps Ofcom off their backs at the same time, this is the road they're going to take.

It's been noticeable for quite some time that Babestation has become a lot tamer. Amanda these days is massively diluted from what she was 18 months ago for example. Will be interesting to see how things develop with Elite because they're probably about the same level in terms of raunchiness that Babestation were back then.

I agree, but set the 'way back machine' to 2008 when Party Girls came onto Freeview. Much the same as BS is now, they started off slow and built up over the next few months. If you actually remember on PG, they didn't get boobs out for ages, then when they did it was only certain girls and usually with black tape on their nipples (ouch). As a 'new show' at least to Freeview, BS has clearly got to be gradual in the build up to the kind of interactive television route they are persuing. If they just came on as Party Girls was (considering Babestation has been around for 6 years) Ofcom, knowing BS's history and 'complainers united' would have pounced straight on their backs like a rabid ninja monkey from the fifth dimnension.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam
22-05-2009 02:56
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV