Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Does BabeShow 'Fandom' Breed a General Freeloader Mentality?

Tractor boy Offline
Beth's number 1 fan

RE: Does BabeShow 'Fandom' Breed a General Freeloader Mentality?
You can get a flight to New York for less than £300. I expect these girls earn that much in a night, so why don't they stop whining and just pay themselves Rolleyes
14-01-2016 21:33
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(14-01-2016 21:33 )Tractor boy Wrote:  You can get a flight to New York for less than £300. I expect these girls earn that much in a night, so why don't they stop whining and just pay themselves Rolleyes

^ The type of accommodation and the location these girls would want - plus spendings... Would be several hundred per night.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
14-01-2016 21:43
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

Presumably night shows pay more than day shows, so why don't these 'independent', 'strong' young women do a couple of those and actually EARN their hols ? Oh no, stupid idea, that means more work and effort, and they can't possibly do that. So just get some sad, vulnerable, lonely guy to hand over a bunch of money to them for doing nowt. Utterly pathetic.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
14-01-2016 23:12
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

Smile Just my tuppence-worth on the O.P's opening,

(11-01-2016 22:05 )ShandyHand Wrote:  Today, whilst I was adding a note to the Xpanded thread about a possible reason behind their cap and vids ban, I had a related general thought that I decided I'd gather opinions on here.

I got to wondering if the sort of babeshow fandom that we represent, with the likes of this forum, actually propagates what the operators might term a freeloader mentality in its customers by its community interactions.

Smile I don't see how this could really be the case ? - People looking at posted online content for free and not calling the shows aren't any different from people watching TV for free and not calling ?
I'd guess the core business of "regular" callers eg. who are fans of a specific babe are going to call regardless of whether fan sites existed or not; the "impulse" callers probably aren't even aware of the existence of the forum. The channels main revenue generating USP is surely "interactive" service - people are paying for the immediacy and direct live contact with the babes; recorded videos and caps put up after the event aren't really competing with that ?

Specifically I'm asking, if the various 'fan sites' didn't exist would your spending on the shows be more or less than it currently is do you think?

Smile Speaking personally as a person that had never really watched the babeshows before (partly due to not being a Sky viewer and not able to receive the Freeview TV signal with any reliability until the last couple of years) I only discovered this place accidentally searching for content on a particular babe; my viewing of the channels has therefore actually INCREASED due to this place.

Has your interactions with other fans actually influenced your opinions on the shows and therefore your spending on them?

SmileHas the forum led to me calling the shows more ? No.
Has the forum put me off calling the shows ? No.
Overall my spending on the shows has probably increased due to purchasing of website content/certain babes BSX shows that I suspect I possibly wouldn't have if I hadn't browsed their previous work on here. Wink I'd guess I'm definitely in a minority there Big Laugh but I'm old-fashioned/scrupulous (& relatively solvent Big Laugh ) enough to feel if I want to view something that's not free, I should pay for it. Obviously if it turns out not to be worthwhile I hesitate to make future purchases. Personally I see a few months of a website subscription and all the picture and video downloads you can get for that and which can be perused as required and when convenient (rather than in the middle of the night to somebody else's schedule) as better value for me than some potentially hit-and-miss live call experiences that may or may not meet expectations.

Is the negativity often found on this forum speeding the channels' decline by spreading the word more quickly than would otherwise be the case? Can you now get all the 'babe-fix' that you need on here without paying the operators a dime? Or does the future of the shows actually depend more on 'uneducated' casual fans than it ever did on us lot anyway?!

SmileAt most I'd say it might put people off calling certain babes if they get poor reviews; but then again everyone's different; one person's expectations /judgement of a babe's performance on the phones might not be the same as the next ones.
I can't see that the general decline in the shows - by which I take to mean diluting/"softening" of content - is down to fandom; it is surely down to economic and technological competition - online, webcams etc. The babe channels response to which appears to be to limit nature of the free-to-air broadcasts and to promote and imply "stronger" content is available behind some kind of paywall device - whether it be encrypted webstream Naughty Chat ; webcam services; or whatever. Whether this can be successful in the current internet environment awash with alternative free content is a moot point ? But it's surely a general dilemma faced by all producers of copyrighted content - music, film , TV etc ?

Finally, as a result of any of this: Are the channels/babes right to be somewhat suspicious of what fandom offers the industry? Yes, it supports the shows by offering up certain benefits to them that otherwise wouldn't be as easily accessible, but does it provide a 'good service' to them on balance do you think? Or have the channels simply 'made their own bed' such that any lapsed customers would have made up their own minds against them in any case?

Smile Internet and social media use is a double-edged sword for any public figures these days. What they want is a promotional vehicle and a conduit to receive gushing praise - but the downside is it also gives their audience a much more immediate and easy opportunity for negative feedback - in the days of having to write physical fan letters etc by mail eek people really had to be motivated to offer positive feedback, let alone negative feedback. And it could be screened/filitered by publicists/agents etc so they never saw the worst of it. Now it's just a few clicks and it's there for the world to read.
It's easy to say grow a thicker skin and ignore it - I'd suggest it's harder in practice to do it, particularly in a business that is so heavily predicated on personal appearance.

Smile All just imho Smile
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 23:12 by M-L-L.)
15-01-2016 23:08
SteveHG Offline
Posting Machine

I'm not surprised to see these particular girls doing this. Seems to me there's a direct relationship between complaining about freeloaders and rinsing the punters. annoyed
16-01-2016 13:02
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

^They have to make their money up somehow, especially when punters get fed up of their incessant whining about freeloaders.

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
19-01-2016 07:11
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

Thought I better wrap-up this somewhat unwieldy thread that I started.

First off, thanks to all those that made it through the varied musings of my OP! And even more so to those that thought it worthy of reply!

While never intending to excuse the channels' general decline, or suggest any scapegoat for it, my main objective with this one was to try to move past the old ground of why the decline may have occurred. Instead I wanted to ask if our responses to the symptoms of that decline were adding to the problem itself by causing more ill-feeling with the babes, etc., and also tending towards forfilling the label of 'freeloader'.

Is a possible 'us and them' attitude between the babes and those that pass comment on the shows an unfortunate by-product of such a critique..? To what extent are babes and the industry itself justified in any irritation with what is said about them online?

You see I am trying to look for logic in the increasingly poor attitudes we sometimes see from the babes (even if that logic is rooted in an emotional reaction to whatever caused it). Anyone trying to explain these things has to look inward for possible 'causes' (the babes are reacting to something) however unreasonable that cause may seem to us.

Why has the babes' freeloader label become more common in its use in recent years for instance? As Bandwagon reminded us, there have always been strict non-callers and there always will be. It does indeed seem to me that the term has become a scapegoat for poorly commercially performing sessions in an industry replete with excuses. I maintain that we perhaps should exercise a little caution at times so as not to add to their list unnecessarily.

As to the basis of the title question, I wonder whether we are sometimes more influenced by 'the crowd' than we are prepared to admit. There is a whole psychology to 'groupthink'. Applied to us, it at least cautions against knee-jerk reactions based on assumptions derived from industry stereotypes. (I myself have probably been guilty of that one on occasion - just because something is true on more than once doesn't mean it always is the case!). I think we have some need to be wary at times of forming a group mentality.

I do concede that the need for a balanced and constructive critique of the shows appears to have never been stronger. Critique, with solutions aimed at eradicating deficiencies within the show's visual product, will at least give channels and babes alike some food for thought. We can only hope that they are prepared to face the meal! Smile

As a group I feel we may indeed be inclining more people towards becoming non-spenders... It may not be the root cause of the issue, or anything like it, but I maintain that general comment here sometimes helps to process along. The influence of peer opinions can not be denied. My worry is that the more we protest against what the industry is becoming the more people will limit their spending on it. The only question is how far reaching that effect will ever become. The scope of the membership here may in fact limit to any effects to the local. I just don't think the effect can be denied completely.

This was not a call for major change on here, that would in no way be my or any individual posters place to ask for, it was just a thought that I felt was best expressed. I hope that posters think it is a discussion worth having at least.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
27-01-2016 16:44
MM32DD Offline
Big Boob Fan

Guilty as charged. Got in about 1, pissed after an all day sesh, was gonna phone Beth or Maddie but just enjoyed watching them in the scuddy nuddy instead. Cost me fuck all.

Thanks.
08-02-2016 06:13