Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Private convos [PM/DM] experiences & advice

Raider007 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Private convos [PM/DM] experiences & advice
I think i have a solution BC... and I know it's a crazy idea.... but maybe.... well.... stop reading the thread, instead of telling everyone else to stop posting?

Just a thoughtSmile

My warning level is 0%
What am i doing wrong?
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 23:07 by Raider007.)
16-07-2015 23:05
Find all posts by this user
Black Cat Offline
Account closed by request

(16-07-2015 23:05 )Raider007 Wrote:  I think i have a solution BC... and I know it's a crazy idea.... but maybe.... well.... stop reading the thread, instead of telling everyone else to stop posting?

Just a thoughtSmile

Perhaps if you and your ilk minded your own business we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

That too is just a thought. ;-)

Stadium of Delight
16-07-2015 23:16
Whynot Online
Just Me

I had a pen pal in germany when i was a kid... but the bastard suddenly stopped writing.

I hate injustice and liars
16-07-2015 23:30
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(16-07-2015 22:38 )Black Cat Wrote:  You seem to be confusing 'worrying' with 'boring'.

I am a little disappointed that you have chosen not to justify your reasons why you think this thread shouldn't exist because I wanted to understand them. I have also received a few PMs claiming that I have been disrespectful to the presenters in starting this thread. But if you're not going to explain it then I'll have to put it down to basic online trolling [ie. random and baseless pejorative behaviour.] A thread doesn't have to be "interesting" and it doesn't matter if it "deteriorates", whatever the hell that means! It was intended to give a voice to those people who are experiencing personal and private contact from presenters and a chance to discuss why it happens.

I have also received more than a few PMs from people who are currently experiencing it but don't want to post in this thread. This certainly seems a lot more widespread than I thought it would be. If anyone who is experiencing this wishes to contact me via PM then feel free. I won't post your details in this thread or the name of the presenter involved.
16-07-2015 23:49
Black Cat Offline
Account closed by request

No problem mate, thanks again.

Stadium of Delight
16-07-2015 23:51
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(16-07-2015 23:30 )Whynot Wrote:  I had a pen pal in germany when i was a kid... but the bastard suddenly stopped writing.

Maybe he wanted to put on the Brake?

[It's a town in Northern Germany ... I'll get me Klötze]
17-07-2015 02:31
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I wanted to open the subject up a bit and talk about 'love' and the use of the word, as it relates to the babechannels. Personally, I think it is used WAY too much on social media by both fans and presenters. I have seen presenters offering photos of them holding up a piece of paper saying "I LOVE _____" [followed by your name] in exchange for votes in various polls. I have noticed presenters ending their calls on their respective channel by saying "I love you too", which obviously suggests that the caller has said it first. And I have lost count of the number of times I have seen a fan finish a tweet to their favourite babe using that word, in its various guises. I know that it is used as a way for presenters to build up a connection with their fanbase but for me it is engaging in the fantasy too strongly and it is potentially dangerous to use that word around people who have a hard enough time separating sex from love.

Just to put it in a personal context, it would never have occurred to me to say it to Elle. Partly because she wasn't really a 'lovey-dovey' kind of person but mainly because I just never felt it. I guess the closest I got to saying something like it was when I told her that she was an "amazing person" but that was primarily because she wore her heart on her sleeve most of the time, which is the complete opposite of how I am. I still think that she's amazing, although I'm obviously less inclined to say it to her now! I did actually discuss with her when another presenter seemed to become too close to a fan of theirs and she thought it was "very odd" and "kinda funny" when it happens. Babechannel presenters should realise that the moment when it goes from just being harmless banter to something more serious only exists in the mind of the fan, and that's why it is better to keep the word 'love' out of your vocabulary.

I would also just like to add that if any presenters [former or current] view this thread at any time, I would like to hear their opinions on the subjects this thread has raised.
24-07-2015 23:37
Thread Closed