Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Private convos [PM/DM] experiences & advice

cj666 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: Private convos [PM/DM] experiences & advice
(11-07-2015 18:12 )Forum Style Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 00:59 )cj666 Wrote:  ...if you think of yourself as a good and selfless person you don't look for anything in return when talking to someone else about their personal problems.

Also, I'd like to know why the onus of fandom only falls on the fan, not the celebrity. One of the things Elle said to me is that "she always gives back what she takes" from someone. The best I can say about her is that, in the majority of occasions, she at least replied. But to suggest that she reciprocated equally is clearly untrue. Not even vaguely, to be brutally honest. So why should I have to act like a "good and selfless person" just because she is [sort of] famous? Surely she undid the celeb/fan thing when she chose to tell me about her personal life?

You're missing the point entirely it has nothing to do with being on the TV or fame or however you choose to phrase it you said she opened up to you on a personal level which has zero to do with being on TV.

If you didn't like what you were hearing and thought it too much then you could have stopped it before it began, we obviously view the world from a different perspective but if I felt I wasn't getting a fair shake out of a relationship I'd end it.
13-07-2015 03:01
Find all posts by this user
Raider007 Offline
Senior Poster

[quote='Forum Style' I started this thread purely to give a place where people can discuss it with those who have also experienced it, and so far it seems to be working.
[/quote]

Smile Fair enough mate. I'm glad you did, It's interesting.

My warning level is 0%
What am i doing wrong?
13-07-2015 06:46
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(12-07-2015 08:16 )Black Cat Wrote:  All I was meaning was, why the hell would she pick a random on here and start unloading all her emotional BS? It just seems bizarre.
I doubt she put a pin in a list of names laugh Maybe she tried other names first? The point is, she & FS did have contact, which they both benefitted from, for a while. Fair play to him, I say (and her, I guess Tongue )

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
13-07-2015 08:29
Black Cat Offline
Account closed by request

It's a tricky one right enough, I think we all just need to put it down as a life lesson and move on.

OK people? Thank you.

Stadium of Delight
13-07-2015 18:16
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(13-07-2015 03:01 )cj666 Wrote:  it has nothing to do with being on the TV ... you said she opened up to you on a personal level which has zero to do with being on TV.

Did you not read the part where I said that I separated the person who wrote to me about their personal life from the person I saw on my TV? I only saw her as an online friend, about whom I cared a great deal. Admittedly that makes me look a little stupid now but I had to, because of the things she was telling me - which reminded me of what I had been through.

(13-07-2015 03:01 )cj666 Wrote:  ...but if I felt I wasn't getting a fair shake out of a relationship I'd end it.

Well then you must be a better man than I, because I'm just not that cold. Life shouldn't be a competition where you have to get everything right all the time. People can make mistakes and, as long as it isn't too serious, you forgive them - especially if you care about them. In January 2014, when she ignored me because she felt "uncomfortable", that wasn't the first time she had done that. It had happened twice before the previous year. On the second occasion, she hadn't even read my DMs! But you accept people's faults, especially when they seem to need you as something solid on which they can depend. I personally see that as a strength, not a weakness - but I accept that other people might feel differently about that.

(13-07-2015 08:29 )Doddle Wrote:  Maybe she tried other names first? The point is, she & FS did have contact, which they both benefitted from, for a while.

She has told me that I am the only person who she "doesn't know personally" that she has talked to privately. Although to me, that "personally" quote just meant that I wasn't literally in her life. [I didn't know her phone number or her address - and I never asked for it or expected it!] You can't tell someone the intimate, personal details of your life and not know them personally, in my humble opinion. That's not me bragging about my communication with her, that's just what she told me. Whether it's true or not? You're asking the wrong person.

(13-07-2015 18:16 )Black Cat Wrote:  It's a tricky one right enough, I think we all just need to put it down as a life lesson and move on. OK people? Thank you.

You seem to be trying to be the last person to make a post in this thread - and I can't work out why? But, seeing as "it's a tricky one" and people are still experiencing this type of behaviour from some of the babechannel presenters [judging by some of the PMs I am getting at the moment] I think it is relevant that this discussion continues for a while.
14-07-2015 02:30
Black Cat Offline

Not at all mate. It's just that the discussion seems to be going round in circles. At the beginning it wasn't that interesting anyway but it has greatly deteriorated since then.

Stadium of Delight
14-07-2015 06:24
ukchicken Offline
Senior Poster

(14-07-2015 06:24 )Black Cat Wrote:  Not at all mate. It's just that the discussion seems to be going round in circles. At the beginning it wasn't that interesting anyway but it has greatly deteriorated since then.

This isn't your topic. We don't all automatically stop posting because you've lost interest in the thread.

Posting "Anyway, let's put this one down to experience and move on. I don't want to hear anymore on the subject." on a thread you didn't start does win egocentric post of the month though. Well done. Bounce
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 19:55 by ukchicken.)
14-07-2015 19:50
Black Cat Offline

Thanks ukchicken, as a Sunderland fan I'm just happy to win something!

Now let's make that the end of it OK people?

Thank you.

Stadium of Delight
14-07-2015 21:10
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(14-07-2015 21:10 )Black Cat Wrote:  Now let's make that the end of it OK people?

Thank you.

You're starting to sound a bit panicky. Why is this thread worrying you so much?
14-07-2015 23:18
Black Cat Offline

(14-07-2015 23:18 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 21:10 )Black Cat Wrote:  Now let's make that the end of it OK people?

Thank you.

You're starting to sound a bit panicky. Why is this thread worrying you so much?

You seem to be confusing 'worrying' with 'boring'.

Just you crack on though pet if it makes you happy.

OK? Thank you.

Stadium of Delight
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 22:39 by Black Cat.)
16-07-2015 22:38
Thread Closed