gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Overcapping

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Overcapping
I would like to make a few examples of what I'd call less than impressive capping, I have loads of vids in my archive so here is a few random examples which I have made myself for illustration purposes only Important

Now I'm a massive fan of Lori but I wouldn't dare post a cap like this bladewave

[Image: image-5F3B_5408A9CE.jpg]

So what's wrong with this cap you ask.

1 - Ratio is far too large
2 - Camera is completely out of focus aswell as Lori's eyes being completely closed.

Ask yourself for one minute, if you were Lori would you be happy looking worse for wear Huh

Second bad cap coming up.

Again another example of out of focus activity, Ella also her eyes closed and yet another oversized image.

[Image: image-EF4B_5408A9CE.jpg]

Caps are always welcome but when they look this bad they should never be posted as it ruins all the good ones posted.
04-09-2014 18:11
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jam Da Man Offline

I think there are two reasons why caps from some members can be perceived by others as being too large/oversized, without the poster necessarily understanding why people are complaining.

The first, is that some members might be using 'Classic View' when viewing the forum, which reduces the width on screen for posts (and causes scrolling.)

Using Scottishbloke's post above as an example (mainly for convenience - apologies Scottishbloke, no offence intended.)

Classic view -

[Image: image-CDEB_5408C873.jpg]

And 'Not Classic View' -

[Image: image-0D33_5408C873.jpg]

The Cap just about fits the screen, relatively neatly.

The laptop I'm currently using (and did those caps from) has a display resolution of 1024x768; which brings me to my second, more likely reason.
Different members perceiving caps as too big (or too small!) could be due to the size (or resolution) of their monitor/laptop/tv etc that they use to view the forum, and could well be unaware of how large caps appear on smaller screens.

My old laptop has a resolution of 1280x800 (and it's more Widescreen than the other.) I had it running long enough to do 2 caps with it, of the same post -

Classic view -

[Image: image-5CC7_5408C873.jpg]

Non Classic View -

[Image: image-029A_5408C873.jpg]

As a further example, I took a photo of the post on my mobile phone, whilst browsing using my Playstation3, on a 32inch HDTV -

[Image: image-97EC_5408C873.jpg]

So I'm guessing that either or both (presumed) reasons are what are causing the issue.
Different members - different screens. And the 'Classic View' switch.

I do absolutely agree that caps over c.700 are too big, mind, but that's mainly due to my laptop display (plus I have Classic View on - can't get used to the other one.) And larger caps can take ages to load, which never helps..

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

04-09-2014 21:42
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I hope nobody on this forum thinks that I'm being petty here but gifs are seriously slowing the pages down, I know in a perfect world it adds to the caps but the board doesn't seem to cope too well with them Huh
15-12-2014 20:23
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

And while we're at it, can we get rid of video posts? And probably best if we get rid of links too (since sometimes they take a bit of time to load up). And picture posts. Caps too.

In fact, if every one could just go ahead and stop posting, that'd be great....mmm-kay?

[Image: giphy.gif]

*That's a roll eyes gif, incase it takes too long to load for you...

16-12-2014 03:54

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles