Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Open letter to all babe channel owners

Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

Open letter to all babe channel owners
To those involved in running babe channels:

Your product is worse now than it ever has been.

You have no backbone.

You have no willpower.

You spend time and energy finding reasons to complain and report rival channels to Ofcom instead of trying to improve your own product.

Without you, Ofcom would have had a mere handful of complaints over the years and it is a fair bet that half the restrictions you now have to work under would not even exist.

Ofcom's restrictions and guidelines have no scientific basis, or factual evidence. They bandy about phrases like "generally accepted standards" and "particularly sexually explicit" without ever defining what they mean or proving what they are. Their whole control of the adult channel sector is based on a vaguely worded "possibly harm that might come to an unwary child who accidentally knows their parent's pin who could potentially view" adult material. It is an unworkable and unprovable stance and yet NONE of you have challenged it. Especially as a court of law has ALREADY ruled that R18 material has a vanishingly small chance of causing harm to children.

According to Ofcom, adult material is MORE harmful than violence, murder, gore, decapitation, rape, and any number of other similar things. This is clearly not true, and yet you sit idly by!! Why? I can only assume it is because you think that if you wait long enough, turn enough of your rivals in, and play nicely for the Ofcom man, then eventually you will be the only show left in town and people will be forced to watch you if they want a babeshow. Your thinking is terribly misguided. All that will happen is that viewing numbers will dwindle until eventually all the lights in your studios go out because everyone has moved on.

If you put even a tenth of the energy into challenging Ofcom that you currently use on tearing each other down you would have a more open set of rules, more freedom in the kind of shows you could produce, and most importantly the respect and admiration of your viewers.

But you don't.

I am ashamed of you all.

Yours Sincerely

Grawth
20-07-2013 23:18
Find all posts by this user
Don Tingley Offline
Retired

RE: Open letter to all babe channel owners
Says the man who once grassed on a channel
20-07-2013 23:20
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

(20-07-2013 23:20 )D T Wrote:  Says the man who once grassed on a channel

Yes.

And if it was the same situation as it was back then I'd possibly do the same again.

It might help you if you actually bothered to read everything that went into that decision, which was made by a number of people, not just me, before you go for your usual knee-jerk reaction. I don't know whether its all still there but there was a lot of discussion on the MelonFarmers site.

Don't forget this was at a time when Ofcom was only just coming into being, and a lot of people were trying to challenge their reasoning and evidence, but NOT ONE SINGLE ADULT CHANNEL challenged Ofcom's position. Not one. In fact, the UK adult industry as a whole actually SUPPORTED Ofcom's ban on R18, and heavy restrictions on sexual output.

Is that the kind of adult industry you want to support? One that tries to restrict what and where the people who pay for it can view?

It was a tactic that was agreed at the time. The channels were not willing to fight so a group of people agreed to try and force their hand. It didn't work. It also didn't get any channel fined or banned - unlike the caps that have been posted here. But clearly you know better than me what was going on at the time, and what might have worked.

But hey, you're obviously very happy with the current babeshow output, so good luck to you.
20-07-2013 23:45
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

"05-07-2013, 22:23

D T Offline

RE: BabestationX & Live Shows - Chat & Discussion

(05-07-2013 20:35 )Grawth Wrote: Although if it turns out that I'm wrong and there has been NO regulator involvement in what happened recently then I will happily join you in complaining very loudly - as I have done before.

(11-10-2009 23:10 )Grawth Wrote: when I later complained that a channel was breaching the code by showing R18 material (and in one case material BEYOND R18) in the hope that forcing ofcom to fine a channel might force the channel to fight back and win, Ofcom refused to investigate my complaint on the grounds that, as I was an acknowledged supporter of R18 on the telly, my complaint was clearly vexatious and if I complained again they would consider that I was deliberately wasting their time and further steps would be taken.

And you once had the nerve to have a go at me about a screenshot I posted in case a grass saw it and used it to complain about this channel. Always knew you were a total bellend. "

Let's hope it wasn't your screencaps that got BSX taken off air then!
20-07-2013 23:52
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I'm confused here, didn't BabestationX have a Dutch Licence so I don't know how they ever broke any rules.

Sexysat TV for example which is broadcast on the Astra1/Hotbird satelites has FTA dildo shows and they also have a Dutch Licence.

With this being the case then BabestationX was never subject to ofcom rules in the first place. If you ask me the station never got closed down, they decided to end it themselves down to lack of trade with nothing more sinister being involved in this conclusion.

If I remember rightly TVX Callgirls ended for exactly the same reasons Cool
21-07-2013 03:49
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I think the channel "cliques" are a bigger problem than Ofcom Sad

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
21-07-2013 08:33
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

(21-07-2013 03:49 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I'm confused here, didn't BabestationX have a Dutch Licence so I don't know how they ever broke any rules.

Sexysat TV for example which is broadcast on the Astra1/Hotbird satelites has FTA dildo shows and they also have a Dutch Licence.

With this being the case then BabestationX was never subject to ofcom rules in the first place. If you ask me the station never got closed down, they decided to end it themselves down to lack of trade with nothing more sinister being involved in this conclusion.

If I remember rightly TVX Callgirls ended for exactly the same reasons Cool

Something we both agree on !!

we only have BSX word for it and its suspsect has anyone seen any complaints in the ofcom bulletins.

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
21-07-2013 09:39
bob roberts Offline
Senior Poster

Hi to all. Please forgive a displaced Yank and techno-dummy. Seems to me the Ofcom situation can be resolved by meeting it head on. If the license holders are as flush as we seem to think, and if Ofcom is as off-base as we seem to think, then a direct challenge in court by one or more license holders ought to do it. No?Huh

See I am a simple man.

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world she has to walk into mine!
21-07-2013 10:16
Nice Cannes Offline
au naturel, s'il vous plait

(21-07-2013 08:33 )Doddle Wrote:  I think the channel "cliques" are a bigger problem than Ofcom Sad

This is the case. The 'big three' have got for themselves the regulatory environment they always wanted. Namely, one in which it would be almost impossible now for a new rival to come along and take market share by offering what customers might actually want.

It's called rent-seeking, where the established players suppress innovation, instead concentrating on making it as difficult as possible for competition to break out -- competition being anathema to them -- under the guise of keeping standards high and the riff-raff out.

And Ofcom are happy to have played their part as, come budget time, they get to keep their phony-baloney jobs by pointing to "their" success: well-regulated, non-controversial babe-channel output. Nothing that could scare the horses.
21-07-2013 10:58
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

no the big three haven't got the regulatory environment they wanted. I remember Jamie (studio66tv/elitetv) a while ago saying the babeshows are over regulated

think what doddle is meaning with babeshow cliques is that each channel has a clique of babes that have all the power etc backstage

Piper Niven Superfan
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 11:01 by Rammyrascal.)
21-07-2013 11:01
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV