gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average

Service Interruption

doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

RE: Service Interruption
Just logged in after getting great speeds last night up to about 3am and having the same issues. Have to use the babevide address and getting a simple view on the layout. Like Smc I also tried my phone and that logs in through babevide without any issues!!
24-03-2009 09:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admin. Offline
Administrator

Update on the site move:

All work relating to the site move has now been completed and admin would like to thank members for bearing with things over the last 3 days as the site was transitioning. To fully move a site does take up to 72 hours and various discrepancies can be experienced during that time, especially with the domain name.

Although it's being stated here that the site move is complete, there may well still be issues with the domain name as this is something which is outside our control and is explained in further detail below. But since some people may still have problems with the babeshows domain, the link from babechannels.co.uk has not been updated at the moment and has been left as an alternate url.

To finally update that link is the sole remaining task to finally seal the completion of the move, but it seems wise to leave it as an alternate url for now until we're sure that there is nobody at all left who can't access the site using it's proper domain name. Hopefully this is something that won't take much longer.

Additional note on DNS propagation:

Please note that each ISP (Internet Server Provider) routinely caches the DNS records. In other words, they create their own copy of the master records, and they access this copy locally to search for a website, each time one of their users tries to view it.

Each ISP has its own standard timeframe for updating the DNS record cache, ranging from a few hours to a few days. This time between caches prevents an ISP's users from immediately viewing a website which changes its DNS records and they have to wait until the next cache occurs in order to do so (unless they are able to contact the website they want to view and obtain a temporary url to access the site).

This gradual updating of ISP records is known as DNS propagation. Eventually the updated DNS information for a website gets propagated across all ISPs on the web and at that time the website will be accessible to all through it's registered domain name. If you are unable to access a website which changed it's DNS records more than 72 hours ago, it may be worth querying this with your ISP's support desk.
24-03-2009 09:44
Mike Offline

thaks admin
24-03-2009 09:50
DrGrumpyPants Away
Account closed

Cheers seems to be working now woooohooo will keep the links as a backup incase it fails again
24-03-2009 10:00
doc7576 Offline
Master Poster

I take a 10 minute nicotine break, come back and it seems that all is now well in Kansas. Thanks for the updates again admin and like Karl, I will be keeping the backup links just in case. Smile
24-03-2009 10:13
THE INCREDIBLE BULK Away
formerlly DjM

Thanks for that admin...I gotta admit, trying to understand that made mey head spin lol!!

Great...now I can't quote posts...Somehow I don't think thats because of the site switchover lol!
24-03-2009 10:14
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pounder Offline
Junior Poster

Hi, I've been away for a few days and I'm just catching up with things. The only difference I can see with the site after its move is that it's running faster now that it used to. It's not in my imagination, it definitely wasn't this fast before. I can't see anything else that's different.

I hope those with any problems have them resolved soon. It's a bit odd if some people get the site okay on their phone but it's not okay on their computer.
24-03-2009 11:19
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

I have a different network on my phone, from the one i use at home.
Think that is what is giving me all the grief.
24-03-2009 11:25
elgar1uk Offline
Posting Machine

sm© Wrote:I have a different network on my phone, from the one i use at home.
Think that is what is giving me all the grief.

Yes, from reading admin's post above, it seems as though it's down to what ISP you use. So the fact that someone has a different experience on their phone to their PC is not actually surprising, if they are different networks.

If anyone's confused about this, I recommend them to read admin's note above on DNS propagation.
24-03-2009 11:46
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I am still unable to enter site by normal route. 11.00am Tuesday 24Mar09
I suspected it might be an ISP DNS cache problem as mentioned by admin previously.
My ISP is Tiscali.
Please keep the alternative entry route open or I am stuffed.
24-03-2009 12:19

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles