* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Are 2 4 1s pointless these days?

broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Are 2 4 1s pointless these days?
They still can be great if you get two girls together who like each other and a producer who is prepared to trust the girls to know what's what
03-05-2015 00:42
Find all posts by this user
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

i've hardly even seen tame 2-4-1s this year let alone proper 2-4-1s, the best hope for 2-4-1s is on sin tv but they haven't done any yet
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 01:57 by Joey 27.)
03-05-2015 01:57
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

It all depends on who is producing the show aswell as the onscreen chemistry between the girls.

A couple of unique pairings down the years.

Danni Harwood and Lucy Zara
Caty Cole and Mica Martinez
Danni Harwood and Lucy Summers
Lucy Summers and Lucy Zara
Becky Roberts and Caty Cole

That's just a few doubles where the chemistry has been at boiling point. With regards to 3 for 1's. Last night on S66 we had Amy, Alice and Jessica, once again the chemistry was really good. Amy put on a really good performance as opposed to tonight where she is just average.

Chemistry and good producers who know how to pitch the show and the mixes is ultimately what makes or breaks a great night and a poor one.

On unleashed arguably the best pairing I ever seen was between Harmony and Tasha - http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...84&page=11
03-05-2015 02:27
SteveHG Offline
Posting Machine

I think 2-4-1s can only work when there is a more "liberal" regime i.e. when there is less (real or imagined) fear of Ofcom and/or the producers have more balls than they do now. There seemed to be a very short period recently on BS1 when they staged a bit of a revival with pairings like Lucy/Dannii and Caty/Mica, but that soon stopped. Not sure if this was to do with their having a Dutch licence for this channel - lots of theories abound.
As things stand, they are a complete waste of time for the viewer/caller, and only serve as a rather obvious attempt by the companies to attempt to double the revenue for a channel by having two or more girls each with a phone on a single set. I don't think that always works, as many callers are put off I believe by hearing another conversation going on right next door. If you look back at the halcyon period of 2-4-1s in 2010 you'll see almost without exception the great ones were two girls with one phone i.e. it wasn't just about trying to maximise revenue.
I think not only are 2-4-1s in the current climate a waste of time, they actually have a damaging effect. A classic example in the last couple of days has been S66 shoe-horning some of their best girls into the tiny office set virtually all night where they aren't allowed to interact and in fact can barely move. It's quite an achievement to squeeze such boring performances out of the likes of Kandi, Clare and Kerri Lee but somehow they managed it!
So I think sadly there should be no more 2-4-1s for the time being, and certainly 2 phones should be banned altogether. BS seem to be running them down a bit, and RLC appear to have stopped altogether (?) so maybe it will happen naturally. A shame as I'm a huge fan of the genre. annoyed
03-05-2015 11:02
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV