Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[split] Football Banter

iamthatjack Offline
Banned

[split] Football Banter
No, he's never said he wanted to play for a bigger club, he's always said he wants to play Champions League football, which, let's be frank, Liverpool will never provide him. (Yes, I know Fulham wouldn't either, of course!)

The way that post was constructed, you're basically saying, no one should get him but you guys. Why? Because you showed interest first? You aren't the most attractive team for new players to go to. (Although I'd choose you over Sunderland).

I personally can't understand why Arsenal don't go for him. Gives him Champions League, stays in London and he'll fit much better into that team than yours
30-08-2012 19:48
Find all posts by this user
groundnpound Offline
Posting Machine

[split] Football Banter
(30-08-2012 19:48 )iamthatjack Wrote:  No, he's never said he wanted to play for a bigger club, he's always said he wants to play Champions League football, which, let's be frank, Liverpool will never provide him. (Yes, I know Fulham wouldn't either, of course!)

You aren't the most attractive team for new players to go to. (Although I'd choose you over Sunderland).

How about that for a misguided, disrespectful post. Why does nobody else pick up on garbage like this?

Liverpool have as good a chance as any going for champions league football this season. City, Chelsea and United will probably fill the top 3 but 4th is bang up for grabs. " You aren't the most attractive team for new players to go to. I'd choose you over Sunderland" You're talking about the most successful club in england, one of the biggest in the world, a unique institution of a club with millions of fanatical fans in every corner of the globe with one of the brightest young managers around at the helm. Have a word.

No wonder the old guard laugh at the younger generation of football fans these days.

(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 03:08 by groundnpound.)
31-08-2012 03:02
iamthatjack Offline
Banned

RE: Football Banter
(31-08-2012 03:02 )groundnpound Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 19:48 )iamthatjack Wrote:  No, he's never said he wanted to play for a bigger club, he's always said he wants to play Champions League football, which, let's be frank, Liverpool will never provide him. (Yes, I know Fulham wouldn't either, of course!)

You aren't the most attractive team for new players to go to. (Although I'd choose you over Sunderland).

How about that for a misguided, disrespectful post. Why does nobody else pick up on garbage like this?

Liverpool have as good a chance as any going for champions league football this season. City, Chelsea and United will probably fill the top 3 but 4th is bang up for grabs. " You aren't the most attractive team for new players to go to. I'd choose you over Sunderland" You're talking about the most successful club in england, one of the biggest in the world, a unique institution of a club with millions of fanatical fans in every corner of the globe with one of the brightest young managers around at the helm. Have a word.

No wonder the old guard laugh at the younger generation of football fans these days.

Why should I have to respect Liverpool, or any other team?

So you think you are up there with Spurs and Arsenal? No chance! You haven't the squad to be in real chance of 4th. Newcastle have a better chance.

Lol Liverpool's history creeps up again! Why would a player choose you just because you have a history? Why would they care? What relevance does a team winning loads of leagues in the 80's have to a player choosing where to play today? How has that history worked out for you in the league for the last 20 years?

It's so irrelevant. Today, a player cares about many things, European football and money mainly, when moving to a club, but their history is pointless. Forest have a history. City don't. Chelsea barely do. You have a massive history. Where are players going? Where the money is and where European football is on offer.

Liverpool live off their history because they have nothing else to offer.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 04:13 by iamthatjack.)
31-08-2012 04:04
groundnpound Offline
Posting Machine

(31-08-2012 04:04 )iamthatjack Wrote:  Why should I have to respect Liverpool, or any other team?

So you think you are up there with Spurs and Arsenal? No chance! You haven't the squad to be in real chance of 4th. Newcastle have a better chance.

Lol Liverpool's history creeps up again! Why would a player choose you just because you have a history? Why would they care? What relevance does a team winning loads of leagues in the 80's have to a player choosing where to play today? How has that history worked out for you in the league for the last 20 years?

It's so irrelevant. Today, a player cares about many things, European football and money mainly, when moving to a club, but their history is pointless. Forest have a history. City don't. Chelsea barely do. You have a massive history. Where are players going? Where the money is and where European football is on offer.

You don't have to respect us, you're a cheeky, disrespectful, clueless beaut. I just won't let you make posts about us without coming back at you. You're bitter about your best player maybe coming to Anfield so you start spouting your shit.

If you don't think Liverpool are up there with Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle then you've got even less of a clue about the game than i originally thought. I've been around football since i could stand and here i am arguing with a clueless clown like you about Liverpool.

We're one of the worlds elite clubs, with more to offer than most. The only thing missing just now is top level european football, players know that and want to help get us there. The embarrasing thing about people like you is, the "no champions league" and "no title in 20 odd years" are the only tools you have to argue with. What else you got?

31-08-2012 12:08
The Truth Offline
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █

(31-08-2012 04:04 )iamthatjack Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 03:02 )groundnpound Wrote:  

Why should I have to respect Liverpool, or any other team?

Here's 10 pieces of history for you eekBounceeek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsbuBdWOP...ata_player
31-08-2012 14:14
iamthatjack Offline
Banned

(31-08-2012 12:08 )groundnpound Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 04:04 )iamthatjack Wrote:  Why should I have to respect Liverpool, or any other team?

You don't have to respect us, you're a cheeky, disrespectful, clueless beaut. I just won't let you make posts about us without coming back at you. You're bitter about your best player maybe coming to Anfield so you start spouting your shit.

If you don't think Liverpool are up there with Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle then you've got even less of a clue about the game than i originally thought. I've been around football since i could stand and here i am arguing with a clueless clown like you about Liverpool.

We're one of the worlds elite clubs, with more to offer than most. The only thing missing just now is top level european football, players know that and want to help get us there. The embarrasing thing about people like you is, the "no champions league" and "no title in 20 odd years" are the only tools you have to argue with. What else you got?

You say I don't have to respect your team and then call me disrespectful again! It's amazing that you think I shouldn't slate your team, in this day and age, Liverpool are a mid table team. Of course, their history is the best, no question, but that is irrelevant today. Surely you can see that, or do you also live off the fact England won the World Cup in '66? Tongue

So you are telling me you are truly happy with your squad? You genuinely think you are capable of CL qualification with the players you have? Surely you seriously can't think you have a better squad than Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle?

Well why have you been so very poor for the last few years if you are so good?

''worlds elite clubs'' - you aren't in this era of football, you are up there, but certainly not that high up. Your history is, the current team is not.

''More to offer than most'' - such as?

What you are missing is a squad that's good enough to challenge for the major trophies, or to qualify for Champions League football.

You say I only have those 2 things to say, it's because that's all I need. You go on about how great your club is, but you can't even qualify for CL let alone win the league, so why should your club, today, be regarded to highly?

I find it ironic that you say that as all you have to say is stuff about your history!

I do feel though, that this argument is going to go in circles as I can't see myself convincing you of anything, or vise versa Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 15:37 by iamthatjack.)
31-08-2012 15:35
groundnpound Offline
Posting Machine

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  You say I don't have to respect your team and then call me disrespectful again! It's amazing that you think I shouldn't slate your team, in this day and age, Liverpool are a mid table team. Of course, their history is the best, no question, but that is irrelevant today. Surely you can see that, or do you also live off the fact England won the World Cup in '66? Tongue

So you are telling me you are truly happy with your squad? You genuinely think you are capable of CL qualification with the players you have? Surely you seriously can't think you have a better squad than Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle?

Well why have you been so very poor for the last few years if you are so good?

''worlds elite clubs'' - you aren't in this era of football, you are up there, but certainly not that high up. Your history is, the current team is not.

''More to offer than most'' - such as?

What you are missing is a squad that's good enough to challenge for the major trophies, or to qualify for Champions League football.

You say I only have those 2 things to say, it's because that's all I need. You go on about how great your club is, but you can't even qualify for CL let alone win the league, so why should your club, today, be regarded to highly?

I find it ironic that you say that as all you have to say is stuff about your history!

I do feel though, that this argument is going to go in circles as I can't see myself convincing you of anything, or vise versa Big Grin

Jesus christ. You've lost the plot fella. Where to begin trying to pick the bones from that shite. Rolleyes

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  You say I don't have to respect your team and then call me disrespectful again! It's amazing that you think I shouldn't slate your team, in this day and age, Liverpool are a mid table team. Of course, their history is the best, no question, but that is irrelevant today. Surely you can see that, or do you also live off the fact England won the World Cup in '66? Tongue

I called you disrespectful because you are. Coming on the internet getting stuck into Liverpool when you wouldn't have the balls to do it in real life. There's a name for that i'm sure....

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  You genuinely think you are capable of CL qualification with the players you have? Surely you seriously can't think you have a better squad than Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle?

100 % yes we can qualify for the champions league with the players we have you clueless div. Ask any lad on here and they'll tell you the same, 4th spot is up for grabs. You wait and see where we finish.

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  Well why have you been so very poor for the last few years if you are so good?

Did i say anything about the last few years or us being so good? More of your weird, deluded bullshit.

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  What you are missing is a squad that's good enough to challenge for the major trophies, or to qualify for Champions League football.

You no zero about football, you deluded character. Your knowledge of the game is non existent. Don't tell me what Liverpool are missing.

(31-08-2012 15:35 )iamthatjack Wrote:  You say I only have those 2 things to say, it's because that's all I need. You go on about how great your club is, but you can't even qualify for CL let alone win the league, so why should your club, today, be regarded to highly?

Our club's great because we've earned the right for it to be called so through years of success and winning major trophies. It's called history, yet another thing to add to the list of things you know absolutely nothing about.

31-08-2012 16:57
iamthatjack Offline
Banned

You truly are living in the past, incredible.

Why would I be afraid to tell you any of this to your face? I tell me Liverpool mates this all the time!

Is this your year? Tongue
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 17:35 by iamthatjack.)
31-08-2012 17:17
groundnpound Offline
Posting Machine

(31-08-2012 17:17 )iamthatjack Wrote:  You truly are living in the past, incredible.

Why would I be afraid to tell you any of this to your face? I tell me Liverpool mates this all the time!

Is this your year? Tongue

We're proud of our past, we don't live there.

I didn't mention you saying anything to my face? That sums you up. You're a wind up merchant, looking for a reaction from one the reds on here. You wouldn't say what your saying in real life in general, that's what i said, nothing to do with me.

You're "Liverpool mates". You're talking to a born and bred scouser, with Liverpool blood, whose whole life is Liverpool FC. I couldn't care less about your mates. Who are you to lay into us because another lad was talking about Clint Dempsey? Could you be any more bitter?

You're just another envious fool with a weird obsession for Liverpool. Ten a penny lad.

31-08-2012 18:55
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Studio 66