Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How did this happen? Texts taking money without my permission.

omgreede Offline
Reede >

How did this happen? Texts taking money without my permission.
Hey, I phone the babeshows every now and again and apparently I've indirectly signed up to something, I'm used to getting the free promotional messages etc but these ones are taking £2 everytime! I didn't sign upto ANYTHING.

They come from 69100 and the texts contain,

BABE TV WAP EXTRA
Content is found here
http://wap.wapper.co.uk
NEW UPDATED TODAY
SAT DSLB
Tel

----

Now I called the number, got an answering machine and and told if I want to be removed just after the tone leave a message saying REMOVE and my number which I did, so hopefully they stop.

Just, anyone got any idea how this shit has happened? will put me off calling the shows in the future.
30-04-2011 20:30
Find all posts by this user
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

RE: How did this happen? Texts taking money without my permission.
Have you sent in for any pics or vids?
30-04-2011 20:32
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
omgreede Offline
Reede >

Nah never, that's the thing that's got me confused.
30-04-2011 20:34
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Strange, hopefully somebody will be able to help.

What channel's do you call?
30-04-2011 20:39
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

Actually, no, and it's a case of read the small print and the old saying of "let the buyer beware".

A similar case went to the telephone regulator a couple of years ago as somebody complained of being charged for premium rate stuff which they hadn't positively said "yes" to (it was one of those things where you download a ringtone but they can then send you a ringtone every fortnight etc and charge you £3 for the privilege until you opt out).....and the regulator found in favour of the telephone company!!!

The company MUST give you an opt-out (whether you have to text "stop" or whatever it is), but until you do they are legally ok.

I know it's shit, but the problem with so many "regulatory bodies" is that they're run by people who have no idea of how these things work in the real world.

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011 09:45 by mr williams.)
01-05-2011 00:46
ringo78 Offline
Senior Poster

Getting money back from premium text scams
anyone ever had any success with this?

i often get texts about someone called rachel and her nan and disabled brother albert being horny and wanting to nosh me off if i call this number, i just got in the habit of deleting them.

today i realised my credit was way too low, turns out i've been getting charged £1.50 a text from 69100. i phoned orange and they're giving me a customer service number to phone and ask for a refund, in my mind this will just be bob paradiso in the back of his ford cortina. laughing at me for phoning sam and telling her she reminds me of summer and then crying for 15 minutes, while slowly wanking.

anyone ever got their money back?
23-05-2011 17:48
Jam Da Man Offline

RE: Getting money back from premium text scams
I don't know about Orange, but 02 aren't (or weren't) very helpful with me.

After I got charged £1.50 for a text message from Babestation (a few weeks after I got the "free" TRY pic) I called 02 (another 35p or so off my credit) and told them I was pissed off about it.

The woman gave me a number to call, but I didn't bother, as it would have cost loads just to make the call from my mobile (I don't have a land-line)

At the time, I looked online (via my mobile) and (supposedly) 02 make a percentage of each £1.50 that their customers are charged from 69XXX numbers, so they aren't particularly helpful with people trying to get their money back.
I used up my remaining credit and got another sim card, rather than keep sending "STOP" over and over, seeing as 02 keep giving away free sim cards.

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 20:49 by Jam Da Man.)
23-05-2011 20:46
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

If you have texted STOP or are being billed for unsolicited texts contact ICTIS the regulator.

And as you say, the phone companies take a share of all premium rate calls. Next time you have a wank talking to a TV babe remember that the grannies who own BT and O2 shares are getting their pensions boosted with your toss money. Wonder if they ever wonder why their pension cheques are sticky?

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 01:19 by eccles.)
24-05-2011 01:13
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

(23-05-2011 17:48 )ringo78 Wrote:  ask for a refund, in my mind this will just be bob paradiso in the back of his ford cortina. laughing at me

anyone ever got their money back?

The last time Bob Paradiso opened his wallet it wasn't a moth that flew out, it was a f****** Pterydactyl!!!

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

24-05-2011 01:23
Thread Closed