Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Demise of the Babe Channels

Topman 47 Offline
Master Poster

Demise of the Babe Channels
With the latest casulaty Babeworld, concern is obviously being outlined in several threads as to how or when will the channels be replaced.

Ofcom obviously played a major role in the demise of BB but we have to wait & see what the cause of the failure of Babeworld is.

I do not think they suffered from Ofcom rules, as previously stated they were far from flounting the rules wheras CP of late are pushing the boundaries with Courtney, Jet and Reede (and long may it continue). Do CP have a UK licence or perhaps a European licence not making them following Ofcom rules? I do not know because I am not familiar with broadcasting rules, I am sure there are other Forum members who could comment on this.

CP operate on one screen only whereas Babeworld soon graduated to 3 screens, thereby employing more girls and increasing their overheads in support staff. Not sure of the number of calls they were taking but we are in a recession and all channels must have seen a turndown in their income. One of the reasons for many business failures is trying to grow the company too quickly.

Will the channels start to study their cost base? as they are all taking on additional girls and if the revenue is not forthcoming other channels may also suffer the fate of BB and BW especially if they do not follow Ofcom rules & regulations.

I note TVX have started to reduce their call fee to 46p between 10pm -12pm, which must encourage more people to phone and raise revenue. The current costs of £1.53 and £2 plus connection fees for mobiles imo is starting to impact. I do phone the shows but have started to reduce my calls due to the size of my mobile phone bill of late.

I for one do not want to see the girls out of work but with the latest economic forecasts 2011 is not going to be easy and we all want to see our favourites, so Babe Channels please note the concerns and endeavour to ensure no more channels go to the wall.

27-01-2011 15:57
Find all posts by this user
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: Demise of the Babe Channels
(27-01-2011 15:57 )Topman 47 Wrote:  I do not think they suffered from Ofcom rules, as previously stated they were far from flounting the rules wheras CP of late are pushing the boundaries with Courtney, Jet and Reede (and long may it continue). Do CP have a UK licence or perhaps a European licence not making them following Ofcom rules?

Sorry to jump off-topic so quickly, but are you kidding about Paradiso? I've not seen anything on there that's made me think they're pushing the bounderies. Everytime I switch on it seems to be boring-as-hell Courtney lying there not doing much as usual.

Maybe I need to start watching more closely.
27-01-2011 17:11
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

im sure the babechannels are taking the current tough economic conditions into account and whilst things will be tough, they will survive

Piper Niven Superfan
27-01-2011 17:51
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

i am sure you are being a touch melodramatic about this.

babeworld could of died for a variety of reasons, not necessarily bring a demise of the channels type situation, they may of sold it to a rival, they may of been ran badly as a company (ala bangmedia)

I personally think there's no demise, of course we are in a recession but i dont see it impacting as much as some others do as society will always have pervs , drunk guy's lonely guys and bi curious females to call the babeshow channels.
27-01-2011 18:08
Nigma Away
Master Poster

Doooomed
27-01-2011 18:25
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(27-01-2011 18:08 )chrislatimer Wrote:  ... as society will always have pervs , drunk guy's lonely guys and bi curious females to call the babeshow channels.

So which are you? Big Grin
27-01-2011 18:34
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

i am a hybrid of a drunk lonely perv stan.

as you have the market cornered on super perv Wink
27-01-2011 18:35
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(27-01-2011 18:35 )chrislatimer Wrote:  as you have the market cornered on super perv Wink

I didn't bloody win, though! annoyed
27-01-2011 18:37
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

So Babeworld have gone the way of the dodo?, it's to be expected. We're in a recession (quite possibly a depression if things keep going). There are two kinds of company that weather severe economic downturns, extremely small companies with low running costs and loyal customer bases and gigantic behemoths that are completely synonymous with the product or service they offer. Babeworld fell into neither camp. The collapse of medium sized company trying to expand its market share during a harsh economic climate certainly doesn't automatically herald the collapse of the entire industry it operated in. Just the, unfortunately, natural contraction that occurs in every industry during those circumstances.

It's only to be hoped that those who've lost their livelihoods due to Babeworld's collapse are able to find new employment quickly and that those who choose to remain in the interactive TV market don't find themselves hit too harshly by the drop in wages that occurs when you have too many people competing for not enough jobs. The days of more shifts available than women to fill them of the multiple start up period a couple of years ago appear to be gone for the foreseeable future.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
27-01-2011 19:12
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

Personally, I like the one on Chat Girl TV. And the one that used to be on Party People.

Oops, sorry everyone ... I thought this was Demi's of the babe channels. My eyesight!!!
29-01-2011 06:47
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV