Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Calling Babe Channels - Prices

Slave guy Offline
Junior Poster

RE: VAT Hike & Call/Text Cost Increase
Some of the channels have gone up to £2 per minute I noticed last night, i dont blame them for adding the extra 3p, the same probably as most businesses will have to in any industry, but charging £2 a minute to talk to a lass whilst also hearing other guys in the background (cameraguys etc) and the awful music is taking the piss. (I'm only talkin bout BS there)

worshipjasmine.com A place for all subs/slaves/sissies and losers!!!
07-01-2011 00:33
Find all posts by this user
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(07-01-2011 00:31 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Guessing its not the channels themselfs doing it but the telecoms companys they buy the numbers from

Point well made, VAT increase is a forced measure across the board and its not like this can be opted out from. why should babe channels profit margins be hit because remember all of their operating costs will go up accordingly
07-01-2011 00:36
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

(07-01-2011 00:28 )simplymarko Wrote:  Under these circumstances providing they are properly accounting for their VAT then there is no problem with this as they are not doing this to boost profit margins.
Quite. Can anyone please suggest to me a valid reason why any provider of what is a non-essential service - and one for which there is clearly a demand from the client-base - should absorb the cost of increased taxation and thus lower their profit margins?
I can't think of a single reason why they should. And nor, I suspect, can anyone who's ever run a business.
As simplymarko says, the real-world increase in cost to the end-user is, in any case, negligible.

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 00:39 by Krill Liberator.)
07-01-2011 00:38
weemax Offline
Junior Poster

Nothin' but pure greed. I see Lori Bucky was making up to £4,000 per month when she was in court recently - is that all from babe channels I wonder?

Seems they really need to charge the extra 3p as they must be getting it tough.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011 23:48 by weemax.)
07-01-2011 23:47
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(07-01-2011 23:47 )weemax Wrote:  Nothin' but pure greed. I see Lori Bucky was making up to £4,000 per month when she was in court recently - is that all from babe channels I wonder?

Seems they really need to charge the extra 3p as they must be getting it tough.

Sorry....do you understand the concept of VAT and business?

whilst none of us are happy paying extra for anything, really are you serious on this? ok Lori's wages may be high compared to the average person but are you seriously suggesting that because the government have put up VAT then the girls wages (and I assume by default the producers, cameramen etc) suffer a pay cut?
The shows overheads will have risen because of the increase in VAT and this needs to be passed on.

Are you expecting their company to turn to their employees and say 'look VAT is going up, we dont want to upset our customers as they have only had 6 months to prepare for this increase so we are going to start reducing your wages to cover the difference' I dont know where you work but if your boss turned round to you and said, look VAT is going up so we are giving you a 2.5% pay cut, would you be pleased??

As for the greed comment, you cannot blame babestation or TVX for VAT having to rise due to the economic state the UK is in for its reliance on US banks a few years ago
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 00:32 by simplymarko.)
08-01-2011 00:24
weemax Offline
Junior Poster

(08-01-2011 00:24 )simplymarko Wrote:  Sorry....do you understand the concept of VAT and business?

whilst none of us are happy paying extra for anything, really are you serious on this? ok Lori's wages may be high compared to the average person but are you seriously suggesting that because the government have put up VAT then the girls wages (and I assume by default the producers, cameramen etc) suffer a pay cut?
The shows overheads will have risen because of the increase in VAT and this needs to be passed on.

Are you expecting their company to turn to their employees and say 'look VAT is going up, we dont want to upset our customers as they have only had 6 months to prepare for this increase so we are going to start reducing your wages to cover the difference' I dont know where you work but if your boss turned round to you and said, look VAT is going up so we are giving you a 2.5% pay cut, would you be pleased??

As for the greed comment, you cannot blame babestation or TVX for VAT having to rise due to the economic state the UK is in for its reliance on US banks a few years ago

1st up - no need to be sorry Tongue

Loaaaaaaaaaaads of businesses aren't passing on the VAT increase. Are there employees suffering a wage cut - I don't think so m8! We are of course talking about paying extra on top of £1.50 per minute for a phone call here - not exactly high maintenance!

I'm well aware how business works & I guess if people are happy to be mugged off even more then they'll pay the extra. Sex sells and all that.
08-01-2011 11:27
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

fair enough, i read your comment as meaning you felt this was the shows were being greedy and that criticism of the wage demands of certain 'models' was partly to blame.
As I said previously, if people are mug enough to pay £1.50 a min anyway then £1.53 isnt going to change their lifestyle Rolleyes
your post this morning makes alot more sense to me ! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 11:52 by simplymarko.)
08-01-2011 11:52
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(07-01-2011 00:31 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Guessing its not the channels themselfs doing it but the telecoms companys they buy the numbers from

I know the way it used to be that you used to buy a number for x amount a year and you used to be able to decide the cost with the company it was from, so the channels have quite a bit of involvement in the choice of the price.

Personally I think it could be a hell of a lot less than it currently is.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
10-01-2011 09:17
bigguy01 Offline
My Kind of Girl

the people to blame are the labour governement from 1997 to 2010 for their piss poor management of the public finances, gordon brown cannot added up and also maxed out the countries credit, which is why the alistair darling mentioned in his budget before the election about the vat going up therefore the coalition government had to put up vat.

do you want vat going up or national insurance and income tax going up?

Top 5 Celebs To Be On The Channels: Molly Quinn, Stana Katic, Nina Dobrev, Susanna Reid, Steph McGovern
10-01-2011 13:18
george.chunni Offline
Junior Poster

(10-01-2011 09:17 )RCTV Wrote:  

I know the way it used to be that you used to buy a number for x amount a year and you used to be able to decide the cost with the company it was from, so the channels have quite a bit of involvement in the choice of the price.

Personally I think it could be a hell of a lot less than it currently is.

When getting a premium rate number in the UK you can't specify the price. There are allocated ranges with specific price points set by Ofcom.

Hey there, I work with the TV/Web show companies
10-01-2011 13:39
Thread Closed