Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average

Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity

skully Offline

RE: Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity
To quote myself...
(19-11-2011 16:34 )skully Wrote:  ...art shows aren't 'mainstream' and shouldn't be regulated or censored, so you can't compare them to babe shows.

and
(19-11-2011 16:48 )skully Wrote:  ...a nude isn't sexual when it's art (unless it's specifically designed to be), babe channels are there for sexual purposes, so can't be compared in that sense...
Wink

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 21:29 by skully.)
24-11-2011 21:28
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

There's nothing degrading about women in these ads, especial considering how many of the women today act like this in real life. I can bet you anything that this would not happen to a men's advert where men act like this. Ofcom is out of touch and wants to believe that everything is prim and proper, and they aren't able to conform to this current world. It's OK not to love how the world has become, in terms if everything being overly sexualised, especially in British ads, but I still think Ofcom overreacts at times with the silliest things. At least allow the ads to be shown after the watershed or something, but I seem to notice overt sexuality in the British ads more so than in America. Europe and England seem to be quite sexual in a lot of what they say and show on TV, which I find funny because until recently Ofcom has never seemed to mind it much in comparison to the adult channels.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 21:44 by mrmann.)
24-11-2011 21:37
shankey! Online
Posting Machine

(24-11-2011 21:37 )mrmann Wrote:  There's nothing degrading about women in these ads, especial considering how many of the women today act like this in real life. I can bet you anything that this would not happen to a men's advert where men act like this. Ofcom is out of touch and wants to believe that everything is prim and proper, and they aren't able to conform to this current world. It's OK not to love how the world has become, in terms if everything being overly sexualised, especially in British ads, but I still think Ofcom overreacts at times with the silliest things. At least allow the ads to be shown after the watershed or something, but I seem to notice overt sexuality in the British ads more so than in America. Europe and England seem to be quite sexual in a lot of what they say and show on TV, which I find funny because until recently Ofcom has never seemed to mind it much in comparison to the adult channels.

you cant possibly compare this to any of the babes on the shows ,if they moved that much a cardiac unit would be called or they would faint from exhaustion lol !
24-11-2011 21:49
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

Joy of teen sex is on now with full frontal nudity
24-11-2011 23:03
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(24-11-2011 23:03 )mrmann Wrote:  Joy of teen sex is on now with full frontal nudity

Yeah I know I'm watching it Big Grin
24-11-2011 23:05
Digital Dave Away
Retired

(24-11-2011 23:05 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 23:03 )mrmann Wrote:  Joy of teen sex is on now with full frontal nudity

Yeah I know I'm watching it Big Grin

I hope you're not in any way aroused Scottishbloke. If you were you'd have to report Channel 4 to Ofcom. This is supposed to be educational and is in no way just a flimsy excuse to show gash on the telly! Cool
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2011 23:14 by Digital Dave.)
24-11-2011 23:13
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Dave that programme was a bag of shit, nothing sexy about the programme in any way, no doubt it'll get a few complaints off the usual mob, but I just don't get it why the hell anybody would choose to complain anyway, if you don't like it, don't fucking watch it, nobody put a gun against thier head and forced them to watch it in the first place for fucks sake bladewave
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 01:06 by Scottishbloke.)
25-11-2011 01:06
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Just watching some kind of debate on French Channel TV5 Monde 799, now I've no idea what they are saying as I don't understand the language but it has 3 hot blondes debating against men in suits about female nudity and allready they have stood up and flashed their tits so to speak Tongue but it's probably something similar to this thread, I'll keep watching to see if they show more Big Grin
25-11-2011 02:07
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(25-11-2011 02:07 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Just watching some kind of debate on French Channel TV5 Monde 799, now I've no idea what they are saying as I don't understand the language

It's a bit like that for me whenever the BBC Parliament Channel shows Holyrood having a conflab. Wink
25-11-2011 17:02
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(25-11-2011 02:07 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Just watching some kind of debate on French Channel TV5 Monde 799, now I've no idea what they are saying as I don't understand the language but it has 3 hot blondes debating against men in suits about female nudity and allready they have stood up and flashed their tits so to speak Tongue but it's probably something similar to this thread, I'll keep watching to see if they show more Big Grin

Cant remember the last time I saw anything worthwhile on Le Monde, all too often its serious debates among farmers or the French bragging about how good they are to their African (ex)empire. Then they stick something worthwhile on. And so does Sky Arts, I would have watched if it had been later and I didnt have company.

Despite 20 years of development electronic TV planners still wont flag up the horny stuff. And Google lets you filters out adult content but doesnt work the other way and block all the safe stuff (including YouTube). Pah!

Ofcom looks at two grounds - risk to children and offence. Risk to children is the same whether its Art or not. The only exception is genuine documentary/medical where the sex is not fun and is there to promote a specific message. Pretty much the same applies to offence, but without time restrictions. My gran would have had a stroke if the Sky Arts show had come on and my grandfather would have gone purple with indignation. The show was Body Remix on Sky Arts 2 8pm-9pm, straight after James Rhodes: Piano Man, and just before Dancing Across Borders (documentary about Sokvannara Sar). Anyone watching either show could have inadvertantly seen topless ballet and been offended.

On a similar note, Channel 4 Thursday had Living With The Amish from 9-10pm, immediately followed by The Joy of Teen Sex (10-11pm). Although The Joy didnt go straigght into graphic detail, thats a safe religious based show directly followed by a sex themed show with some strong content. Anyone niave who left the set on the channel while they went out of the room for 10 minutes to chase foxes off/settle the baby/welcome the vicar could have been in for a shock. And loss of cassock privileges.

Gone fishing
26-11-2011 03:17