Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average

Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity
First they banned Benny Hill - and I did not speak out because it offended Mother.

Then they banned Frankie Boyle - and I did not speak out because he offended the Daily Mail.

Then the banned babeshows - and I did not speak out because prudes rule my life.

Then the banned political criticism - and there was no one left who dared object.

Gone fishing
05-01-2015 04:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gunnar Offline
Posting Machine

^ Decent rewording

“Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
— Henry Kissinger

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
05-01-2015 11:07
Phonebook Offline
Banned

(05-01-2015 04:50 )eccles Wrote:  First they banned Benny Hill - and I did not speak out because it offended Mother.

Then they banned Frankie Boyle - and I did not speak out because he offended the Daily Mail.

Then the banned babeshows - and I did not speak out because prudes rule my life.

Then the banned political criticism - and there was no one left who dared object.

Did they not ban Benny Hill because it was crap?
05-01-2015 20:14
ukbicur Offline
Senior Poster

Is there any mainstream nudity on tv anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw something on TV, maybe I am watching the wrong channels.
05-01-2015 22:59
Phonebook Offline
Banned

Loads.

Bully on Film4 tonight, some TFTL!
05-01-2015 23:27
ukbicur Offline
Senior Poster

what is tftl?
05-01-2015 23:42
Phonebook Offline
Banned

Tits, fanny... the lot!!!
05-01-2015 23:46
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(05-01-2015 20:14 )Phonebook Wrote:  Did they not ban Benny Hill because it was crap?

Agreed it was crap, but it still attracted huge ratings and strong export earnings. Someone had a quiet word and it was dropped because it was no longer PC. Drop the show if you want a TV channel.

Crap or not you wont see it on any of the archive channels, Gold, Dave, ITV4, even tucked away after 10pm.

What the public want counts for nothing.

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 01:41 by eccles.)
06-01-2015 01:39
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

I've seen an old "Best of Benny Hill" compliation type film on Gold - it was on last year.

Smile EDIT : I should perhaps say it was on mid morning/early afternoon : the sketches all seemed fairly innocuous : there was a bit of innuendo and the odd dolly bird in a nightie; and I think one shot where the "joke" was a misbehaving TV camera operator "wandering the lens around" a set with the Director's voice criticising all the choices of shot, one of which was a zoom right in to a buxom blonde's cleavage.

But nothing that isn't in the "Carry On" films which are regularly repeated ad nauseum on these channels.

But the thing I was surprised to see not cut out - and which would never be allowed now - was a Customs officer sketch with Mr Hill putting on an atrocious Chinese accent and wearing silly pebble glasses : the "jokes" all being a result of "amusing misunderstandings" of his pronounciation. You would not get away with that stereotyping now ! (quite rightly)
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 20:22 by M-L-L.)
06-01-2015 20:02
derekdas Offline
Posting Machine

^
You'll find I think that a lot of the Carry On films have been censured over recent years. One shown recently, Carry on Girls had a fight scene between Barbara Windsor and Margaret Nolan. It used to have quite close up views of the girls legs and thighs while they were struggling with each other. Inevitably you got flashes of the girls lips poking out of their loose knickers. Although that scene is still in, it is much shorter now with no close ups. Carry On Cleo where Cleopatra enters the bath you got a glimpse of pussy, no longer shown when I last saw it.
Going back even further to a black and white Carry On Doctor scene in a strip club. The strippers, which included Joan Simms, although never actually took off much clothing, got down to undies and stockings, had a pair of transparent knickers on, which on certain shots revealed all.
For years these films and their like have been watched by many generations and these flashes went over their heads, never causing a problem. It's only now it seems an issue.
With all this concern, why on earth was Freeview Channel 11 allowed to show the series Spartacus last year, albeit late evening, where lots of naked bodies were on display. Loads of naked female servants, displaying their shaven pussies, naked gladiators with dangling cocks. There were orgies where couples were clearly seen to be having sex, heterosexual and gay. Culminating to a point when a female servant gave the host some oral sex to stiffen him up, before having sex with a female dignitary. All nice to watch.
Really double standards!
08-01-2015 21:51