Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average

Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity

8x8 Offline
Apprentice Poster

RE: Mainstream TV nudity vs babeshow nudity
(19-10-2014 01:12 )JuanKerr Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 11:47 )skully Wrote:  Seriously, you can't complain about a fundraiser for cancer showing male genitalia, grow up.

I read this reply before I'd read 8x8's post, and my gut instinct was to agree with your sentiments. On going back to read his post, though, I think you're missing his point.

I didn't see the programme, but it's obvious from 8x8's description that the revealing of the participants' bollocks was not done in a 'serious medical documentary about testicular cancer' kind of way.

I get it. It was done in that trendy 'let's discuss serious matters in a fun way' manner, but the fact remains; had this been a documentary about breast cancer, with female participants, and booms of "Get yur tits out!" coming from the audience, there'd have been an absolute outrage.

Thanks for your input. The show talked about different cancers (breast/cervix etc) but there was no specific discussion beforehand about testicles or cancer relating to the nudity. It was:

"Ok ladies if we reach £x Million for cancer these guys will do a strip tease and get their cocks out on live TV"

Which was followed by female screams of excitement. Davina then kept mentioning she wanted to see the guys cocks. When the show came to an end they revealed how much was raised for charity (which was a great amount). The presenters were then like "you know what that means" which was followed by female screams and then thousands of women chanting OFF! OFF! OFF! (including the female and gay male presenter)

The men then stood up and did a striptease to music. They were shown naked from behind, they turned around with one hand covering their genitals and a party popper in the other hand, which they set off from their crotches (to simulate male ejaculation) and they then removed their hands to reveal their cocks. Followed by screams from the women.

There was no medical or awareness information (if there had of been you wouldn't of heard it over the women screaming OFF! OFF! OFF! anyway) I should say I don't blame the women for being sexual about it as its not like they got the wrong end of the stick and turned a serious subject into a sexual one. The nudity was always a sexual one as it was a prize for reaching a donation goal. So they were allowed to scream and chant for the men to get their cocks out. The sexual innuendos by the presenters beforehand and after were all penis related not testicular.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 07:07 by 8x8.)
19-10-2014 07:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hatessexistofcon Offline
Junior Poster

(19-10-2014 01:12 )JuanKerr Wrote:  
(18-10-2014 11:47 )skully Wrote:  Seriously, you can't complain about a fundraiser for cancer showing male genitalia, grow up.

I read this reply before I'd read 8x8's post, and my gut instinct was to agree with your sentiments. On going back to read his post, though, I think you're missing his point.

I didn't see the programme, but it's obvious from 8x8's description that the revealing of the participants' bollocks was not done in a 'serious medical documentary about testicular cancer' kind of way.

I get it. It was done in that trendy 'let's discuss serious matters in a fun way' manner, but the fact remains; had this been a documentary about breast cancer, with female participants, and booms of "Get yur tits out!" coming from the audience, there'd have been an absolute outrage.

You mean get your fanny out breasts are not genitals and NEVER comparible..We are on about genitalia in which mens are shown but women are filmed from clever angle or from behind or blurred out so you never see fanny.Pubic hair IS NOT a women vagina either I've got pubic hair but haven't got a fanny between my legs.
22-10-2014 07:03
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

I didnt see the show, it was on a Friday night FFS, but it does smack of Channel 4 trying to establish ownership of its own charity special, something to put it on the same footing as the BBCs Children In Need.

Looking at the first few minutes on 4OD (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/stand...od#3775436) the presenters said it was to "bring forward the day when we can treat ALL cancers."

This coming Friday there is another part "devoted to awareness of testicular cancer" in the form of The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night (Channel 4 24 Oct from 11:05). The title and late hour give a hint of what the second part might involve.

I have no issue with the three presenters being gay-gay-Davida. Presenters do not write the script or set the tone, they are hired help.

In a weird way I dont even have an issue with a bunch of men getting their cocks out for charity, even though it does nothing for me. I have fond memories of a charity day at the White Horse a few years back when the dancers gave their time for free. Anything that legitimises stripping for charity is a step in the right direction. There is too much po faced goody two shoes content out there that treats adults as kids. TV should reflect audience interests.

What I do have an issue with is the one sided nature. A couple of years ago Children In Need had a popular TV presenter - Ant or Dec? - "accidentally" pop into an adult chat studio. Non explicit but it raised a wry smile. Flaunting breasts might be insensitive given the sensitivity around breast cancer, but would it hurt to have some attractive women get down to stockings and suspenders?

The strip scene itself was from about 4hr10 to 4hr15 with a cutaway in the middle. The full frontal nudity was prerecorded, not live (too risky?) and lasted 1-2 seconds in the distance, not really anything for even the most desperate woman to get excited about. It was before midnight (only just) but as brief non sexual nudity the time really wasnt an issue.

Of course one reason why it might have been only the male presenters who got naked is Channel 4s requirement to be alternative. Or its fake excitement to wind up the audience about very little.

Incidentally the weekly Audience Complaints figures for 14 to 20 October were:
Loose Women, ITV, Monday 13 October 2014 : 10
The Farage Factor, BBC 1, Monday 13 October 2014 : 11
The X Factor, ITV, Saturday 18 October 2014 : 33
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforce...omplaints/

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2014 02:59 by eccles.)
23-10-2014 02:58
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Killer Joe, a film on Film4 s worth a peek.

Started at 10:45 but available on +1.

Gone fishing
25-10-2014 21:58
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

Bollocks! I've been planning to watch this ever since the first preview was shown, and then went and forgot all about it!
27-10-2014 01:37
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

It's on again 10.55pm 6th Nov (thursday week).

Never saw it myself, were there some rude bits, or just violence?

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
27-10-2014 05:29
JuanKerr Offline
Banned

(27-10-2014 05:29 )munch1917 Wrote:  It's on again 10.55pm 6th Nov (thursday week).

Cheers.
27-10-2014 22:35
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Not Going Out

(The crap sitcom with Lee Mack, BBC1 9:30-10:00 this evening, safe family viewing)

Lucy drops her silk nightie and stands fully nude, seen head to toe from the back. Nice bum.

Justified by context or could a shoulder or ankle shot have conveyed message?

Gone fishing
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 23:59 by eccles.)
31-10-2014 23:58
a.m. playlist Offline
Senior Poster

I'm surprised they actually showed female nudity in a mainstream tv show full stop. Was it Sally Bretton's (ie Lucy) actual bare backside, or a body double's?
01-11-2014 23:45
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Judging by the way her face is not visible you may be right about the body double, but thats not the point, is it?
Image snapped 22min25sec in which makes the broadcast time 9:55pm. Click for fullsize image.
[Image: thumb-370F_545586AA.jpg]

Gone fishing
02-11-2014 01:28