Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

New Ofcom Rules

loulo12 Offline
Closed by request

RE: New Ofcom Rules
(01-01-2011 11:12 )RCTV Wrote:  I'm not silly as believe or it or not I actually know what I'm talking about.

OK, how about enough of this vagueness. What is it you know exactly and why your strong defence of ofcom?
01-01-2011 12:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(01-01-2011 12:52 )RCTV Wrote:  Ofcom are doing a job and enforcing the rules, and you guys seem to constantly moan.

You would all be in shit if you moaned about the police as all they are enforcing is the law.
the police are there to enforce the laws that are made in parliament and which are voted for by all parties,this is what democracy is about.
Ofcom are breaking the law!
Ofcoms proposals are not the law of the land!
How shitty is that for you?
01-01-2011 13:30
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

I think RCTV either works for Ofcom, or has a relative who works for them. I could be wrong, but he seems to be on Ofcom's side. He has a point about the police, but that's completely different than what Ofcom does with these channels. The evidence proves that they are breaking the law to some extent, but like others have said, nobody is going to challenge them, because the topic of the babe channels is too embarrassing to make public.
01-01-2011 13:38
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(01-01-2011 13:38 )mrmann Wrote:  I think RCTV either works for Ofcom, or has a relative who works for them. I could be wrong, but he seems to be on Ofcom's side. He has a point about the police, but that's completely different than what Ofcom does with these channels. The evidence proves that they are breaking the law to some extent, but like others have said, nobody is going to challenge them, because the topic of the babe channels is too embarrassing to make public.

read my signature.

it's not completely different, as the police are there to enforce rules as are ofcom. Ofcom aren't actually breaking the law as parliament can bloke and see any rules they produce and they can force them to change them.

I have worked for ofcom and know people that do work for ofcom.

Can someone please tell me exactly how ofcom are breaking the law, with what rules and how you see it?

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
01-01-2011 14:03
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

So, be honest now. Do you watch the babe channels?

Do you think a vagina is dangerous to see on an adult channel after the watershed? Spanking, spitting, licking, nipple sucking, humping, bare bums and breasts exposed, oral sex simulations, fingering simulations, yet a vagina is bad?

I don't get how a normal body part will be dangerous for someone to see.

It just seems silly to see the women falling over trying to cover themselves on adult channels, late at night. It's not like we are asking for hardcore b/g sex or more graphic content. Now I like a tease, and don't want to see everything out in the open all of the time, because the suspense could be lost a bit, but the women should still be allowed to show a bit more if they want, without the worry of being fined.

Why are still allowed to see much more graphic content on Sexarama and Sexcetera, even if it's very brief, when we can't see full frontal nudity on the adult channels? Is it because Ofcom can't make money from or fine those shows, as they aren't live like the babe channels and subject to changes?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 14:32 by mrmann.)
01-01-2011 14:29
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Sorry but what sexcetra are you watching because the most I've seen on them is a bit of bush the rest is pixalated.

For your first point, you can see what you want, you just have to pay for the privilege (as you more than likely would have to if bang and elite etc wanted to show full frontal)
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 15:46 by gazfc.)
01-01-2011 14:56
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(01-01-2011 12:52 )RCTV Wrote:  Ofcom are doing a job and enforcing the rules, and you guys seem to constantly moan.

You would all be in shit if you moaned about the police as all they are enforcing is the law.
You can't compare Ofcom and the police , the police are a instrument of the law and their duty is to enforce the laws of the land that have been passed in parliament , anyone the police deem to have broken the law then have to be judged in court by a independent authority and not by the police them selves , Ofcom make their own rules and regulations up to suit them selves and sit in judgement of any channel they think is in breach of their own rules that have not been passed in parliament , in essence Ofcom are judge jury and executioner of the tv channels , but what irks me is Ofcom stated a few years ago that it is ok for for girls to wear bikinis and wear next to nothing on day time tv , i remember a few years ago when daytime rules were more or less the same as they are now , then over night and with Ofcom's blessing the day time girls were allowed due to new Ofcom rules allowed to wear bikini's and put on more raunchier shows , why have they suddenly decided that their own daytime rules were wrong ? , are they being leaned on by this government ? .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 16:05 by mr mystery.)
01-01-2011 16:04
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

It Might just be down to the sheer volume of complaints they was getting or as you say maybe they're been leaned on by the government as with a new government comes new guidelines
01-01-2011 16:17
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(01-01-2011 16:04 )mr mystery Wrote:  You can't compare Ofcom and the police , the police are a instrument of the law and their duty is to enforce the laws of the land that have been passed in parliament , anyone the police deem to have broken the law then have to be judged in court by a independent authority and not by the police them selves , Ofcom make their own rules and regulations up to suit them selves and sit in judgement of any channel they think is in breach of their own rules that have not been passed in parliament , in essence Ofcom are judge jury and executioner of the tv channels , but what irks me is Ofcom stated a few years ago that it is ok for for girls to wear bikinis and wear next to nothing on day time tv , i remember a few years ago when daytime rules were more or less the same as they are now , then over night and with Ofcom's blessing the day time girls were allowed due to new Ofcom rules allowed to wear bikini's and put on more raunchier shows , why have they suddenly decided that their own daytime rules were wrong ? , are they being leaned on by this government ? .

nope as different people set the rules and different people deal with complaints.

The reason they where changed a few years ago was because it was deemed a good idea to as there wasn't many complaints, but then they went to far and the complaints flooded in. So they changed back and also the change in government also aided in the new rules.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
01-01-2011 16:46
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(01-01-2011 14:03 )RCTV Wrote:  
(01-01-2011 13:38 )mrmann Wrote:  I think RCTV either works for Ofcom, or has a relative who works for them. I could be wrong, but he seems to be on Ofcom's side. He has a point about the police, but that's completely different than what Ofcom does with these channels. The evidence proves that they are breaking the law to some extent, but like others have said, nobody is going to challenge them, because the topic of the babe channels is too embarrassing to make public.

read my signature.

it's not completely different, as the police are there to enforce rules as are ofcom. Ofcom aren't actually breaking the law as parliament can bloke and see any rules they produce and they can force them to change them.

I have worked for ofcom and know people that do work for ofcom.

Can someone please tell me exactly how ofcom are breaking the law, with what rules and how you see it?
Just read the Television without frontiers dossier which was produced by the Europeon directive and which this country signed.
But then you would probably already know that as you are supposed to have worked with tv broadcasting,Ofcom,wtc....and also have friends in Ofcom now,
But you did say that you don`t work for Ofcom on one post.
But you did say that you do work for Ofcom on another post.
But you did say that you were a sex television producer in one post.
But you did say that no one else knows anything about anything.
I think myself and this is only my oppinion that you my friend do not know shit and that all of your post are just antagonistic just to wind people up!
You might do better going to a forum where people are against anything that is freedom based,and who just go with the flow and let anyone shit on them.
01-01-2011 17:03