Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average

New Ofcom Rules

RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

RE: New Ofcom Rules
Ofcom is made up of a mixture of people, and they change, in some cases quite a bit, but the decision making is often made by a selected panel of these, and often someone who has had some involvement in the area, I have done stuff for ofcom before (although not for the adult tv).

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
Production Professional with PhD
31-12-2010 16:29
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(30-12-2010 21:24 )Addison Wrote:  Without the info to back an argument up one way or the other, I don't want to speculate too much about who makes up what. However, I don't just think it's likely that Ofcom is made up of 'people with different [sexual] tastes and leanings,' I think it's likely that the adult population of the world is made up of such people. What I'm saying is: when you start to look at it, sexual taste seems to be divisible right down to the point where you arrive at a sub-set of one. Smile

So you think the inclusion of devout Christian (and Olympic triple jumper) Jonathan Edwards on the Ofcom panel is just a coincidence?
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 17:39 by StanTheMan.)
31-12-2010 17:38
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(31-12-2010 17:38 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(30-12-2010 21:24 )Addison Wrote:  Without the info to back an argument up one way or the other, I don't want to speculate too much about who makes up what. However, I don't just think it's likely that Ofcom is made up of 'people with different [sexual] tastes and leanings,' I think it's likely that the adult population of the world is made up of such people. What I'm saying is: when you start to look at it, sexual taste seems to be divisible right down to the point where you arrive at a sub-set of one. Smile

So you think the inclusion of devout Christian (and Olympic triple jumper) Jonathan Edwards on the Ofcom panel is just a coincidence?

I believe Edwards suffered a 'crisis of faith' quite a while ago.
31-12-2010 19:26
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

A lot of these posts make me laugh tbh, as none of you actually know the regs and how they actually work as none of you work on the channels or ever have done, and tbh a lot of think you know how the channels work, well a lot of you actually don't and it is really annoying when people who don't work on the channels say that someone who actually knows what they are taking about is bullshit, cause guess what it's not, you guys really need to open up to others way of thinking and not have closed minds and some of you need to stop trying to brainwash people, as some people seem to be doing that.

Some of you guys think you know how they work and you take that to be fact, when a lot of time you actually don't.

If I sound annoyed, it's cause I am.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 19:34 by RCTV.)
31-12-2010 19:31
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(31-12-2010 19:31 )RCTV Wrote:  A lot of these posts make me laugh tbh, as none of you actually know the regs and how they actually work as none of you work on the channels or ever have done, and tbh a lot of think you know how the channels work, well a lot of you actually don't and it is really annoying when people who don't work on the channels say that someone who actually knows what they are taking about is bullshit, cause guess what it's not, you guys really need to open up to others way of thinking and not have closed minds and some of you need to stop trying to brainwash people, as some people seem to be doing that.

Some of you guys think you know how they work and you take that to be fact, when a lot of time you actually don't.

You're right, of course. For those of us who don't work in the "regulatory" industry, it is a mystery as to how these people go about their daily business.

The whole point of this, and almost every other topic in this section of the website, is the absolutely draconian restrictions & sanctions imposed by Ofcon on the UK adult broadcasters.

Do you think that their censorous stance is justified?

If yes, how do you think that the UK is benefitting from the restrictions?
31-12-2010 21:25
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(31-12-2010 21:25 )blackjaques Wrote:  You're right, of course. For those of us who don't work in the "regulatory" industry, it is a mystery as to how these people go about their daily business.

The whole point of this, and almost every other topic in this section of the website, is the absolutely draconian restrictions & sanctions imposed by Ofcon on the UK adult broadcasters.

Do you think that their censorous stance is justified?

If yes, how do you think that the UK is benefitting from the restrictions?

Ofcom rules aren't draconian at all, they are actually there to protect the vast majority of the population.

a lot of the time it is good as it is protecting the vast majority of the population.

They are not restrictions, they are actually making the girls have more dignity and actually let them be girls and not toys for men, which atm the channels seem to be turning them in to.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
31-12-2010 22:05
nailpouchofmine Offline
Banned

(31-12-2010 19:31 )RCTV Wrote:  A lot of these posts make me laugh tbh, as none of you actually know the regs and how they actually work as none of you work on the channels or ever have done, and tbh a lot of think you know how the channels work, well a lot of you actually don't and it is really annoying when people who don't work on the channels say that someone who actually knows what they are taking about is bullshit, cause guess what it's not, you guys really need to open up to others way of thinking and not have closed minds and some of you need to stop trying to brainwash people, as some people seem to be doing that.

It sounds to me as though you don`t like anyone speaking the truth about these people at Ofcom

What we are dealing with here is not a cross-section of Joe Public but a handful of people that have been `chosen` not elected by we the people, who in the end are paying for this quango.

Until this matter is brought before parliament[which it should be in a democratic society] we will still have these self centred moralist views from Ofcom imposed on everyone.

Yes you may know how these panels operate,but that does not give you the right to be annoyed at other peoples points of view and if you have been involved with these people you must know how untouchable they are,like all the Quangos,responsible to no one,public or parliament.

It is high time that all of these quangos were dismembered and laws of this land put back into the hands of Parliament where at least it might get a debate,and if the law becomes too harsh then Parliament would discuss this.

At the moment we have a handful of people breaking European Directives left right and centre and just getting away with it!annoyed
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2010 22:13 by nailpouchofmine.)
31-12-2010 22:09
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

(31-12-2010 22:09 )nailpouchofmine Wrote:  It sounds to me as though you don`t like anyone speaking the truth about these people at Ofcom

What we are dealing with here is not a cross-section of Joe Public but a handful of people that have been `chosen` not elected by we the people, who in the end are paying for this quango.

Until this matter is brought before parliament[which it should be in a democratic society] we will still have these self centred moralist views from Ofcom imposed on everyone.

Yes you may know how these panels operate,but that does not give you the right to be annoyed at other peoples points of view and if you have been involved with these people you must know how untouchable they are,like all the Quangos,responsible to no one,public or parliament.

It is high time that all of these quangos were dismemberd and laws of this land put back into the hands of Parliament where at least it might get a debate,and if the law becomes to harsh then Parliament would discuss this.

At the moment we have a handful of people breaking European Directives left right and centre and just getting away with it!annoyed

People can say what they want about ofcom, just as long as it the truth. Which a lot of the time people think ofcom are wrong and don't care about the public when actually they do and it's who they do it for, but they don't realise how small the adult industry is ahd how small the auidience figures are in comparison to general tv viewing.

I'm not annoyed with points of view, I'm annoyed with people who think they know how it all works, when they don't. It's not untouchable at all you are free to talk to people about it who they know, and they then make decisions based on that and evidence.

I don't agree with a lot of quangos, but ofcom is needed, maybe not a quango, but it is needed.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
31-12-2010 22:16
loulo12 Offline
Closed by request

(31-12-2010 19:31 )RCTV Wrote:  If I sound annoyed, it's cause I am.

Firstly, who cares.

Secondly, it's nearly always one or two people who ofcom seem to pay attention too. The literally thousands of others don't seem to get notice.

When someone can explain to me why an extremely tiny minority seem to be listen too rather than the over whelming majority then I may have some sympathy to of com and what they do, and sympathize with their apologists.

I really can't see any body being all THAT offended in this day and age. Probably even by full sex let alone models.

Not washing with me.
31-12-2010 23:00
RCTV Offline
Military Bitch

It's one or two people as they tell ofcom about breaches of the rules.

you must be never nieve then if you really think that, as some people are very offended by sex on tv and glamour modelling.

RAMOS
...Yes I'm female!
31-12-2010 23:09