cherry tv

clips4sale

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.24 Average

RIP Bang Babes : Gone Bust...

Jay39 Offline
Senior Poster

RE: RIP Bang Babes
(26-11-2010 12:54 )phil33 Wrote:  Ofcom state the penalty is unpaid and they are pursuing it as a seperate matter. (1.37)

If they can't trade I can't see Ofcom getting the fine in full or any depends how Bang play this out
26-11-2010 13:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(26-11-2010 13:07 )MeTarzan Wrote:  At the very least, one of the channels should "air lift" Dannii Harwood outta there...Big Grin

I'd fly that chopper.Big Grin
And i'm sure Dannii would enjoy a ride on your chopper..Smile

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
26-11-2010 13:09
Regenerated Online
An Unearthly Child

It is a shame to see a once great show collapse (if indeed it does collapse). I think there has been arrogance and naevity shown on Bang Media's behalf, who cannot seriously have believed they could come back if they have so knowingly breached Offcom's directives.

I'm not saying I like the rules, I'd much love to see naked women on TV too, but the fact is that there is consequences when rules are breached. Sad

As has been pointed out above, they received a heavy fine, but didn't exactly learn from it, instead they breached three more further directives.

I do feel sorry for the girls who now don't (or may not) have a show. I also feel that Bang Media's managers are totally culpable.

Almost everyone in this saga loses, Bang Media, the girls, us fans, everyone... well..... everyone except Offcom.... SadSadSad

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
26-11-2010 13:13
mikeboob Offline
Senior Poster

Lucy and Dannii deffo need to find a new home, I'd suggest Elite but I wonder if they have the balls.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 13:14 by mikeboob.)
26-11-2010 13:14
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

What a load of shite. I know I should be feeling sorry for 'em as they really did provide some excellent shows, but after their attempt to convince us this was just a 'technical' problem, well, fuck 'em. Nice way to treat your customers Bang Media. annoyed What ever happened to just being honest? You can certainly see why Elite TV and others have toned things down even more in recent days.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 13:36 by Chilly.)
26-11-2010 13:15
Regenerated Online
An Unearthly Child

(26-11-2010 13:15 )Chilly Wrote:  What a load of shite. I know I should be feeling sorry for 'em, as they really did provide some excellent shows, but after their attempt to convince us this was just a 'technical' problem, well, fuck 'em. Nice way to treat your customers, Bang Media. annoyed What ever happened to just being honest? You can certainly see why Elite TV and others have toned down things even more in recent days.

exactly, Elite and others have learned from Bang Media's mistakes.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
26-11-2010 13:20
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

What really annoys me is all the bull shit Bangmedia have been giving the girls in regards the channels coming back, some of the girls have mentioned they were told the channels coming were coming back on Tuesday then Thursday and then Friday, "admin" him/her self even came on this forum and said unofficially the channels would be back today , obviously Bangmedia have been feeding "admin" the same bull shit has the girls and is totally unacceptable , Bangmedia are a total disgrace and don't even deserve to be represented on this forum , "truth" Bangmedia would not know what truth was if it jumped up and bit their balls off . PS what happened to the Dutch licence they allegedly have ?

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
26-11-2010 13:34
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

It was a technical problem: technically up shit creek without a paddle.

But what I can't comprehend is why they continued (at the start of the breaches) to allow the maverick presenter to push the boundaries? They had lollipop gate and yet continued to allow her to do as she pleased, while completely lying to ofcom in claiming she was suspended for a month directly following the incident. I hope the producers at TVX are capable of taming her, other wise they may be getting the kiss of death.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 13:37 by vostok 1.)
26-11-2010 13:36
Digital Dave Away
Retired

It'll be interesting to see what Bang Media do now. They have a large fine to pay and Ofcom will pursue them through the courts for that. They have also committed a criminal offence in continuing to broadcast after being told to stop by Ofcom.

They have two channels rented from playboy (902 and 915) but how long will they be able to afford those?

They may be starting up a Dutch company to try and broadcast in the UK again, nobody knows for sure. However, given their gross incompetence in management and compliance, how long would they last before they were removed from the sky EPG again? Despite what some other posters say, broadcasting on Sky with a foreign licence does not exonerate you from Ofcom accountability and the law of the land.

In many ways I'm saddened by this turn of events, but only to a certain extent. Bang were market leaders but they acted stupidly and brought trouble upon themselves. After Jamie went it all seemed to go down the pan in terms of management. It just shows that you need someone at the helm who knows what they're doing - when to push the envelope (and how far) and when to pull back.

On the upside, the disappearance of most of Bang's night channels opens the market to some new blood, which could be good.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2010 13:50 by Digital Dave.)
26-11-2010 13:39
MeTarzan Offline
Holly McGuire lives in my Tree

(26-11-2010 13:09 )Mr Head Wrote:  
(26-11-2010 13:07 )MeTarzan Wrote:  At the very least, one of the channels should "air lift" Dannii Harwood outta there...Big Grin

I'd fly that chopper.Big Grin
And i'm sure Dannii would enjoy a ride on your chopper..Smile

Ahhh, thanks Mr Head...

All sorts of lines about Dannii and "joysticks" pop into my head - but I'm gonna resist for once...
26-11-2010 13:40

gemma hiles