Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.35 Average

What have I missed?

Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

What have I missed?
I went to bed for a few hours this afternoon and when I got up all hell had broken loose! jawsh123 who was joshmeister who was fallenangel has been banned utterly as far as I can tell and smcgill1888 has been appointed as a moderator (congrats smcgill!). Is this all the result of the fone-perv/surreysub/many-faces-of-josh controversies in the past week or two, or are there other factors that I don't know about coming into play? I suppose I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me a little about any changes that might be forthcoming; such as will there be new forum rules, will more mods be appointed, what powers will the mod(s) have and so on?

I'd appreciate any info any one might have; I like being here and hope things aren't to change too much...

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
08-01-2009 03:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
*Kal-El* Away
Superman

RE: What have I missed?
I didn't even know that they were all the same people.

"No Clark I know Everything About You, I Didn’t Just Borrow Your DNA, I Have All Your Memories All Your Thoughts......Every Last Twisted One of Them”.
08-01-2009 03:59
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Neither did I until I got out of bed and read through a few new threads to get caught up! I remember fallenangel getting banned but had no clue it was this josh character's old username. The fone-perv and surreysub problems are very recent so I suppose those two would have trouble slipping under the radar and people not twigging on to who they are, but josh and his other personalities did a good job of hiding out for a little while.

It seems like admin has decided we need moderators as well, which is a bit of a shame really, as things have always stayed pretty darned friendly for the most part around here up until the past couple of weeks. I suppose with over 4650 members there's going to be the odd prick amongst them (hope I'm not one of them!), I'm just curious as to how much -if at all- things will change as a result of all this nonsense.

"You say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I say that I tailor my jokes to the audience..."
08-01-2009 04:10
BelfastBadBoy Away
Posting Machine

What is sad gummidge mate is a fella with such a sad life sitting at his pc made a few accounts on a forum having conversations with himself and being so pathetic based his time and energy around a forum attacking people lol Mods are a good thing though, means people can clean posts up or attacks and have it not harm the sites content cuz nobody wants to go onto a forum and see all out attacks on people...not the friendliest of things to see lol
08-01-2009 07:43
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

Is there a single thread somewhere with details about what has just happenned recently on the forum. ie people being banned, moderator appointed etc.
08-01-2009 11:51
BarrieBF Offline
Posting Machine

I don't think people being banned and the appointment of a moderator are connected.

Anyone found to have multiple accounts like Joshmeister69 is likely to get banned for that reason alone, regardless of anything else, so people like that aren't going to need any moderating.

I'm guessing that the timing of the moderator appointment is just a coincidence.
08-01-2009 12:08
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

TheWatcher Wrote:Is there a single thread somewhere with details about what has just happenned recently on the forum. ie people being banned, moderator appointed etc.

I don't think there is I am afraid, but the goings on the past 24 hours on here have been crazy. Maybe Admin might post a little FAQ in the mear future.

Just logged on and reading through the posts it seems very chaotic. I thought Josh was a good guy but some things he said was idiotic and plain stupid.

But on the positive side, congratulations on becoming a moderator Smc, you thoroughly deserve it.
08-01-2009 12:11
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

BarrieBF Wrote:I don't think people being banned and the appointment of a moderator are connected.

Anyone found to have multiple accounts like Joshmeister69 is likely to get banned for that reason alone, regardless of anything else, so people like that aren't going to need any moderating.

I'm guessing that the timing of the moderator appointment is just a coincidence.

True. Most forums have a policy of only one account per user, fair enough if you don't use the other account anymore but when you alternate between accounts that generally is a bannable offence. It probably also has something to do with the racial slurs he was saying...

Actually if I remember rightly I think your account name turned Pink Barrie and your custom user title said 'Total Babe' I think that was another mistake?

Just noticed Shiny Helmet is red now as well - Have I missed something?
08-01-2009 12:15
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

I did notice that Joshmeister69 was making a lot of negative posts in many of the threads recently.
08-01-2009 12:37
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

tmfkamr-gummidge Wrote:Neither did I until I got out of bed and read through a few new threads to get caught up! I remember fallenangel getting banned but had no clue it was this josh character's old username. The fone-perv and surreysub problems are very recent so I suppose those two would have trouble slipping under the radar and people not twigging on to who they are, but josh and his other personalities did a good job of hiding out for a little while.

It seems like admin has decided we need moderators as well, which is a bit of a shame really, as things have always stayed pretty darned friendly for the most part around here up until the past couple of weeks. I suppose with over 4650 members there's going to be the odd prick amongst them (hope I'm not one of them!), I'm just curious as to how much -if at all- things will change as a result of all this nonsense.

I agree that it is sad that the site has to have moderators but Admin can not be hear all the time and when there are posts happen almost 24/7 it is hard to read every single one of them. I did look on 'Forum Team' and noticed that Smc is only a mod in the Smile TV and Babestation Daytime sections along with Sasha moderating her own. It still comes to only having a few sections moderated by actual members with the big Sub-Forums still moderated by Admin himself.

If any sections should be moderated by another member I personally think Babestation, Sexstation and Other Forums should be since they have seemed to be the place where all the wrong doings has happened recently.
08-01-2009 12:48