Poll: Would You Consider Calling The Babes If Prices Were Lowered?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62.50% 10 62.50%
No 37.50% 6 37.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Time For A Review On Call Charges?

TheUsualSuspect Offline
Account Closed

Time For A Review On Call Charges?
Question, would you be more inclined to call the babes if the prices were lower? Say around 60-70p? Because, the likes of BS, Club Paradisso and Bangbabes, don't really justify the £1.50-a-minute price tag IMO. As a result of this, I've never called up these channels, so instead, I've used Honey TV several times - very good value for money Big Grin
01-10-2010 21:54
Find all posts by this user
Krill Liberator Offline
Vapid Response Unit

RE: Time For A Review On Call Charges?
This is a really valid point right at this time.
We are in the grip of The Recession That Wouldn't Die at the time of writing, I've noticed that, despite advice from the experts 12-6 months ago that the green shoots were showing, they seem to have nipped off by the cows of reality. In other words, people aren't spending on the high street like they should be and it's hitting the profitability of many businesses.
We're not quite through the worst of it yet...Sad
Now, we saw (at the start of the financial downturn) an abrupt stop in carefree spending amongst the UK populace - caused in large part by the reckless scaremongering nature of mass media news reporting of the Credit Crunch - as folk suddenly realised or were led to believe that they had no money, even if they actually did. How did the babechannels respond? By trying to drum up trade and keep the loyal callers ringing. In some cases they accepted a reduced profit margin and lowered their prices to £1/min or even 75p/min. OK, not all of them did this, but enough so that there was an affordable option for those viewers who couldn't otherwise afford enough minutes on the phone to queue, get through and get off.Tongue
As history tells us, after a while most of the channels went back to the old tariff of £1.50/min. Oh well.annoyed
So, what of those of us who feel that the costs are exorbitant, or those who simply can't afford enough frequent top-ups for our pay-and-go mobiles (or feel embarrassed asking the nice girl behind the newsagent counter for the fourth £20 top-up in under a week, cos you know she just KNOWS you're not texting your mates or your bird all day longBlush...?
Well, at least (and, really, NOT least - that's unfair) there's good old TVX still offering what was the 75p service, now at the incredibly low cost of 35p/min on Dirty talk! Assuming you call on a land line of course, but even if you've only a mobile it's no more than around 65p. And even i can afford that, without all those embarrassing "can I have your dirtiest top-up voucher please? it's not for me, you know, honest" moments either.
Of course, if you want to call another channel like BB or BS or Elite at peak times (say, 10 til 12.30 at night) it's gonna be busy and you just know that, even if the babe of your choice is off the phone, then by the time you're through the intro ("Yes alright, dammit, I KNOW I need my, the bill-payer's, permission...yes, I'm a LOT over 18 years of age...please stop rubbing salt into the wound...hurry up before I c*m!") and menu she'll almost certainly have a new caller and BAM! you're queueing.Sad This can get costly so you may be put off.
I would suggest two things in the meantime: 1) Don't be put off by queueing on the dearer lines, as trying to get through to some of the girls on them is not that bad and don't forget you're probably next in line! if you're not going to be a frequent caller, then do it as an occasional treat - because you're worth it.Wink Or try calling before 'Topless Ten' instead. 2) Call TVX - I'm not meaning to be biased here, but their girls are both hot to watch and really good on the phones. they will give you what you want, at the price you want too!Big Grin

Missing key events. Talking bollocks. Making stuff up.
~~~SAVE THE KRILL!~~~
02-10-2010 02:01
DGxxx Away
Pteronophobes beware!

I'll give my usual thoughts on this. It is all a question of supply and demand. If the channels supply the right product at the right price then there will be a demand for it and they will get enough income to cover their costs. If they don't get enough income then they will either have drop the prices, reduce their costs (less girls/channels) or give up.

My thoughts are that most channels would rather try anything else first before considering dropping the price from the industry standard £1.50. Maybe an investigation into price fixing is needed by the Competition Commission?

D G x x x
02-10-2010 08:25
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Elite have had ridiculously high charges for their mobile numbers for a while and it seems Bang Babes have followed suit lately. I can just about bear £1.50 but really can't justify £2 a minute for these calls, it's insane. Especially, as mentioned, we're in the middle of a recession. But sadly, there's not exactly a shortage of callers at the current high rates so the channels aren't really going to care.
02-10-2010 10:40
RZA Offline
Never apologise, Never explain

I suppose it all comes down to how much the girls are paid, running costs for the station, that sort of thing as they've got a profit margin to work towards. But yeah, I share the sentiment that 70p-ish seems a lot more realistic for the 'punter', if you pardon the use of the word.

I think the girls are hot and I like checking them out, but phoning in ain't my cup of tea. It's a struggle some weeks to find filthy lucre to put petrol in the car, let alone pay £1.50 a minute for a Tommy Tank.
02-10-2010 10:57
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

all the time people are paying 1.50 upwards why would channels lower the price??
02-10-2010 13:17
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(02-10-2010 13:36 )naughtyboy Wrote:  Everyone should charge about 50p P/Min. like on Honey....

why?
02-10-2010 13:42
DGxxx Away
Pteronophobes beware!

(02-10-2010 13:42 )mark495 Wrote:  why?

No idea? Nobody needs to make use of the service. If you can't afford it you can't call. It is no different to going out for a meal or a concert. Not everybody can afford those either so should we ask them to reduce their prices?

D G x x x
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 14:10 by DGxxx.)
02-10-2010 14:09
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

Undecided really.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR APRIL: ARURA SKY
02-10-2010 15:30
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(02-10-2010 14:09 )DGxxx Wrote:  
(02-10-2010 13:42 )mark495 Wrote:  why?

No idea? Nobody needs to make use of the service. If you can't afford it you can't call. It is no different to going out for a meal or a concert. Not everybody can afford those either so should we ask them to reduce their prices?

D G x x x

This guy has got my drift completely.
The retail price is decided by what people are prepared to pay, if people are paying £1.50 at the moment then a show has no reason to reduce these costs, they are there to make money from you much more than they are to provide you entertainment.
as for the tvx is cheaper, it probably costs around the same to build a ford mondeo as a bmw but one is sold at premium because people are will and able to pay it.

simple answer, know your budget, if you can call then call, if you can but only briefly, then call only briefly, if you cant afford it dont call! stupid thing to get yourself into debt about, just use your imagination Wink
02-10-2010 19:51
Thread Closed