Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

Darts

lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

RE: Darts
something tells me that the BDO will struggle to get a full first round draw n the future

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
11-01-2018 19:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(11-01-2018 15:38 )Robot Devil Wrote:  Conan Whitehead looks a decent player. Definitely see him jumping ship to the PDC in the foreseeable future.
Saw the latter part of his match. One thing you have to say about the BDO is that "breaking the throw" doesn't really mean anything when it can takes loads of darts to finish a leg. Jim lad who won was fawned over for a 161 checkout, which should be the rule not the exception (or at least possibly the rule, not a miracle).
Quote: After (disappointingly) losing yesterday Danny Noppert has quit the BDO and is heading to PDC's Q-School.
Adios "Noppy" Big Laugh

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
11-01-2018 20:38
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

seems Glen Durrant will stay with BDO if he wins or jump to PDC if he doesnt
12-01-2018 17:06
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I was hoping Duzza would quzza today when he was 3-1 down. Ah well.

Dobromyslova stuffed Gulliver pretty comfortably.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
12-01-2018 20:26
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

So it's Durrant vs McGeeney - No.1 seed vs No.2 seed - in the BDO World Championship Final. I must confess, I don't think McGeeney has ANY chance tomorrow - he is soooo many leagues behind Durrant - but it's quite good to see that the (supposed) two best players in the organisation have qualified for the final. Should be a good match, but if Durrant doesn't retain I'll be stunned. Durrant to win his second straight world title, 7-2.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
13-01-2018 23:55
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Lisa Ashton won a 4th world title comfortably Smile

It maybe says something when the more interesting stories are the ones where "surprise" results, eg Unterbuchner, get more interest than the millionth turn of de Vos etc I mean, I started watching the BDO in 1995, and Martin Adams is I think the only person still (STILL!) around from those days.

As you say, #1 v #2 ought to be impressive, but I recall Ronnie Baxter being #2 and losing 6-0 in the final, to Ted Hankey, or thereabouts.

14-01-2018 09:23
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Well, I suppose a begrudging congratulations to Durrant who looked close to tears after blowing the 12th set and being 2-0 down in the last. Lucky really that McGeeney seemed to peak at that point.

Funny that O'Shea was on commentary, as Durrant reminded me a bit of one of his finals - hitting a 3-figure check-out as naturally as you like, but unable to hit the simplest of doubles. Though the difference is that Durrant did get it right in the end.

14-01-2018 20:22
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

Good final. More interesting and competitive than the PDC final. The right man won, but credit to McGeeney - he did much better than I thought he would.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
14-01-2018 20:29
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Apparently the walk-on girls have been scrapped. There is a petition to bring them back.

https://www.change.org/p/barry-hearn-i-w...n-in-a-job
27-01-2018 00:21
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

If van Gerwen and others thought they should go, then I can't see how they'll come back. Do the BDO have such antediluvian practices (well, in this case anyway)?

Be boxing next, unless they've already gone.

27-01-2018 16:37