Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

New Moderator

aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

New Moderator
I couldn't help notice, there's a new sheriff in town, called Forum Robot. Surprised

Could you please clarify this, and what exactly is he/she responsible for?

Just thought I'd ask, as I don't want to go pissing him off to soon. laugh
02-08-2010 00:40
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dickhead Offline
call me ACE

RE: New Moderator
(02-08-2010 00:40 )aceman65 Wrote:  I couldn't help notice, there's a new sheriff in town, called Forum Robot. Surprised

Could you please clarify this, and what exactly is he/she responsible for?

Just thought I'd ask, as I don't want to go pissing him off to soon. laugh

i was gonna ask the same question lol...but was thinking it might be suckup time Tongue
02-08-2010 00:41
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Forum Robot has been a member of the forum team since September last year.

Basically acts as a go between, between forum members and the mod team, so as to instill a bit of anonymity for the mods - in particular when dealing out warnings etc
Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 00:45 by Sooky™.)
02-08-2010 00:44
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Forum Robot is responsible for the moderation of all artificial lifeforms that join the forum. Wink

Some people claim that it's an all purpose, account de guerre set up so that if there's an emergency a moderator can move/delete posts from areas they don't have moderator rights for, or to dish out punishments with some anonymity so that moderators can do their job without people feeling it's a personal vendetta, but don't believe them. It's a cyborg moderator that moderates randy robots. I swear it's true!
02-08-2010 00:49
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Shush Mr G......or your memory banks will be deleted Wink

02-08-2010 00:56
HEX!T Away
Retired

im not a fan of anonymity, as you can see by the rep i gave him.
its 1 thing to dish out warnings and remove posts but it was used to de-rep me (removed now).
the mod concerned should have used his own account for that. i wouldn't have returned the favor as long as it was a legit reason for a de-rep, but to hide behind anonymity to do it pissed me off.

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
03-08-2010 04:12
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

(02-08-2010 00:44 )S̶o̶o̶k̶y̶™̶ Wrote:  Forum Robot has been a member of the forum team since September last year.

Basically acts as a go between, between forum members and the mod team, so as to instill a bit of anonymity for the mods - in particular when dealing out warnings etc
Smile

So he's basically the Forum Guard Dog, that dishes out punishment, and could actually be any, or all of the Mods, Surprised Maybe should have named him K9 laugh

So if you see his name pop up on your PM list, it's basically time to bend down and kiss your ass goodbye. laugh

On a side note, What's with the Moderators putting themselves on banned status. Surprised Is there some private, internal joke going around, Or is it some type of silent protest?
08-08-2010 15:41
Hollywood PillowPants Offline
p.W.o 4 LIFE!!!

(08-08-2010 15:41 )aceman65 Wrote:  On a side note, What's with the Moderators putting themselves on banned status. Surprised Is there some private, internal joke going around, Or is it some type of silent protest?

I assumed it was because my wish came true when i won the turkey wishbone contest earlier. Big Grin

""This show's about as interesting as Nick Griffin reading excerpts from 'Mein Kampf'!"
08-08-2010 15:56