Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.18 Average

Forum Welcome Page

Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

Forum Welcome Page
There are currently proposed plans to update the picture currently on the welcome page to this site (not by myself I hasten to add, I am simply doing the research work).

The current plan is to have the likes of the mod team on there - but there will also be space for some other forum members to be on there as well.

So, this thread is for anybody who wishes to be on there to put their name forward as a potential.

Ideally this will be people who are fairly recognisable on the forum (cappers, uploaders, prominent posters etc) as opposed to people who have joined but never really said much - as this is a representation of the forum itself.

But, if you would like to be put into consideration then simply say so on here - this way, nobody is going to be on there that didn't particularly want to be or consent to it.

If the numbers are particularly high - there will be limited space - then a poll will be taken to get a clearer picture of forum opinion
Smile

18-07-2010 16:15
Find all posts by this user
Trickster Offline
Formerly Bring Back Minnie

RE: Forum Welcome Page
Ideally this will be people who are fairly recognisable on the forum

Guess that counts me out Sooks lol
19-07-2010 01:30
rover Offline

Hope there's room for a decrepit old dog like myself on there.Smile

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me,either. Just leave me alone.
19-07-2010 01:45
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

I'm not putting my name forward (far too many people on here above me on that list) but I wanted to ask a question ... by "picture", do you mean photos of the actual people or their avatars or something else? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I am easily bewildered.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever viewed this 'Welcome page' before. Where am I?
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2010 02:31 by Forum Style.)
19-07-2010 02:30
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

It would be avatars Smile

19-07-2010 03:17
chrislatimer Offline
Banned

i think personally am 1 step below the acceptable level for this.

so id say

the upload squad and rammy defo deserve a spot.
19-07-2010 03:24
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(19-07-2010 03:17 )Sooky Wrote:  It would be avatars Smile

That's what I thought. Last thing this forum needed was an actual photo "gallery of scarecrows" as a welcome page (present company excepted Mister Gummidge).
19-07-2010 04:32
Mister Gummidge Offline
Professional Strawman

Thank you for your impeccable manners, good sir. There happens to be an image of my old avatar on the soon to be replaced welcome page; or at least, there was. I haven't seen it in a while.

I don't think I really warrant being on there any more, if I'm honest. While it's a hugely flattering ego boost to see your avatar "in lights" as it were, indicating you're a valued forum member and a big part of the web community that's built up here, I'm nothing like as active on the boards as I once was. Although part of me is tempted is to make a full time return to daily posting, just to ensure that Yoda T is one of the first sights to greet new visitors. Big Grin
19-07-2010 05:10
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

(19-07-2010 05:10 )Mister Gummidge Wrote:  There happens to be an image of my old avatar on the soon to be replaced welcome page; or at least, there was. I haven't seen it in a while.

I didn't even know this page existed until I saw this thread. Mind you, my bookmark now goes straight to the Elite Daytime section, as that is where I mostly post. You are still there BTW Mr Gummidge.

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
19-07-2010 09:54
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

I'm sure I won't be considered for this honour, as I'm simply not a big enough contributor. On the other hand, I've got nothing to lose by giving it a go, so here goes. My case for inclusion is that a few people have told me that they like my avatar a lot, plus I have total loyalty and won't be joining any 'similar' forum.
20-07-2010 09:48
Thread Closed