Thread Rating:
  • 45 Vote(s) - 2.84 Average

Studio 66 on Freeview

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

RE: Elite on Freeview
So, what's the verdict, so far ? Anyone catch much of the FV shows ? Picture quality ok ? Variations of the gals used good ? I realise it's early doors but just for starters, yea or nay ?

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
02-04-2016 11:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

^ Only saw the first night, so far, and PQ is significantly better than TS's efforts (though that wouldn't be difficult! bladewave ), and the screen had fewer D.O.Gs than TS, too. Smile

Babe wise, it seemed to be the 'solo' babe that was featured throughout, except when she went on break, and was replaced by the 'Cougars' feed. bladewave I don't know if a similar pattern was followed last night.

TBH, now that I use the streams for the few channels worth bothering with, the addition of another channel on FV doesn’t have the same 'impact' that it used to, but if it helps provide some real competition to TS's effective FV monopoly, and causes them to 'up their game' (both technically, and in terms of content), then so much the better... but I'm not holding my breath! bladewave Sad

Looking at the wider situation on FV (and the modern babe channel in general), if Storm and/or RLC were to get on the platform, we might be in with a chance of significant, and MUCH needed improvement in the babe channels in general... but I'm not holding my breath! bladewave Sad
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 12:22 by Censorship :-(.)
02-04-2016 12:00
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

I can't see how S66 moving back to FV will have any bearing on the content quality whatsoever, on any channel.
If any of them really had something in reserve, then what have they been waiting for over the last few years?
02-04-2016 14:05
Jam Da Man Offline

I recorded the 2 shows so far, and had a quick flick through 'em.
The picture quality is good, though I once put an S66 webstream video on my freeview recorder's HDD and the picture on that seems roughly the same.

One thing I did notice, particularly with Jennifer Jade last night: recently most of her shows have heavily involved pratting about with the pervcam, and the TV show seemingly playing second fiddle. Whereas I don't think I saw the pervcam at all last night, though as I say I've not really looked through the recording properly.
Less (or even zero) emphasis on pervcam on the freeview channel would certainly be an improvement for viewing.

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

02-04-2016 14:32
Censorship :-( Away
Sadly, no more caps. :-(

(02-04-2016 14:05 )Bandwagon Wrote:  I can't see how S66 moving back to FV will have any bearing on the content quality whatsoever, on any channel.
If any of them really had something in reserve, then what have they been waiting for over the last few years?

Do you think that the channels are 'pulling out all the stops' and doing the very best that they can, or, are they doing as little as they can get away with, so long as the money keeps coming in, and have settled into a cosy 'lowest common denominator of mediocrity' consensus?

Given that FV is a more widely viewed platform, and, apparently, is more expensive to be on, and given that TS have an effective monopoly there (so they've had it 'easy'), if some real competition eats into this revenue stream, they might be forced to improve, and the more competition there is, the greater the chance of that happening. Of course, it could be that the malaise affecting the channels in recent years is more to do with the push towards paid-for, online content, and that the FTA babe channels' 'ship has already sailed'. Sad

Fingers crossed, but I did say, more than once, that I'm not holding my breath, and I live more in hope than expectation. Sad
02-04-2016 15:15
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

RE: Studio66 (formerly Elite) on Freeview
Interesting to see that Ashley E used to be a really groovy looking performer too Wink
(15-05-2011 02:20 )Censorship :-( Wrote:  Now it's Lori's turn for a 'repeat performance' Sad
Plus ca change Bounce

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
02-04-2016 16:02
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

I haven't even bothered to Re-tune my tv yet what does that tell you, i wonder if they'll stick Clare Richards on FV tonight? im not really a fan of her but she's better than the very boring Lucy Zara and surely more casuals will call her
02-04-2016 18:28
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I got the logo before transmission but didn't stay to see if it transmitted or not

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
02-04-2016 18:52
greenray Offline
Posting Machine

I'm hearing the picture is quality is good, as yet nothing worth watching
02-04-2016 18:56
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

The lack of graphics was too good to last, they have a side-box selling pics now.
03-04-2016 00:03