Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
^ In terms of visually stimulating product I totally agree with you Manuel. The daytime stuff on S66 is fine and the roster is strong too. No major complaints from me on that front.
Well done S66 Smile.

Unfortunately the nightshow product on S66 is imo substantially weaker in terms of quality for reasons well documented on this thread by myself and others.
The competition from the other channels is hardly much to write home about either in all honesty but to my mind S66 is indeed on a par with Xpanded but no better in terms of visual stimulation.
I shan't start on the scheduling, it will merely drive me mad with frustration and I am not in the mood for all that tonight.

(This post was last modified: 15-02-2016 20:40 by Snooks.)
15-02-2016 20:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manuel Offline
I'd marry H. Lola in a heartbeat

(15-02-2016 20:39 )snookered147 Wrote:  ^ In terms of visually stimulating product I totally agree with you Manuel. The daytime stuff on S66 is fine and the roster is strong too. No major complaints from me on that front.
Well done S66 Smile.

Unfortunately the nightshow product on S66 is imo substantially weaker in terms of quality for reasons well documented on this thread by myself and others.
The competition from the other channels is hardly much to write home about either in all honesty but to my mind S66 is indeed on a par with Xpanded but no better in terms of visual stimulation.
I shan't start on the scheduling, it will merely drive me mad with frustration and I am not in the mood for all that tonight.

we share the same feelings on this matter, Snookered

year after year after year, I keep reading that the shows were better "in the past"... maybe they were never that great (except in the pioneering era)?
15-02-2016 20:46
steviebaby Online
Posting Machine

(15-02-2016 13:24 )steviebaby Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 13:04 )ShandyHand Wrote:  There have been NO fines given to a babe show since those given to S66 (nights) in the Summer of 2014.

The slips you speak of if anything speak to a certain confidence that 66 have regained AGAINST the possiblity of invoking a fine for such transgressions.

Possibly OFCOM are now satisfied that the channels are making concerted efforts to avoid trangressions by the over-use of the panic button and the overall percieved standard of self-regulation?

It also struck me that as there are fewer channels these days and competition isn't as fierce, maybe the channels have come to an agreement not to grass each other's transgressions to OFCOM?
15-02-2016 21:45
masterjboy Offline
Master Poster

I agree they go well over the top on the night shows, but the day shows very very rarely hit the panic button . S66 is visually so sexuall & revealing compared to any other day show ?
16-02-2016 00:19
Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(15-02-2016 09:32 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Would't it be great if Studio66 started their nightshows at 10pm
I notice Clare, Stella & Faye were all present & correct soon after 10pm last night Big Grin

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
16-02-2016 09:02
Charlemagne Offline

^ It will just be a one off.
Clare seems to be the best of the Studio66 girls at putting on a decent show from start to finish.

16-02-2016 10:05
bombshell Offline
Hazel Nut

(15-02-2016 15:18 )Rake Wrote:  S66 are easily top of the pile presently, whatever criticisms you can level at them, and there are certainly some.

I used to be their greatest fan(when it was Elite) but i am truly surprised at how many of you are still watching this, at best mediocre channel sleeping is far more exciting.

Its so good to be insane
nobody asks you to explain
16-02-2016 10:28
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

(15-02-2016 21:45 )steviebaby Wrote:  It also struck me that as there are fewer channels these days and competition isn't as fierce, maybe the channels have come to an agreement not to grass each other's transgressions to OFCOM?

Shortly before Bangbabes went kaput legend has it that their boss told Ofcom basically where to stick it and called on all the other operator execs to step out of the general meeting they were having and sort the content levels out "amongst themselves." Whether that is true I have no idea, but it speaks to the somewhat nasty struggle for market share that was going on at that time and the very possible (tacit or otherwise) informal agreements that could have taken place to set levels and such in order to 'keep everyone happy' with their established piece of the pie.

Personally I feel very few words between the operators were eventually needed. I think the process happened anyway, more organically if you like, over the succeding years. The channels realised there was room for all of the by and large. If they all stuck to the status quo there would be enough dollar for everyone - girls and behind the scenes personnel (even if it was coming from a diminishing market pool). Provided no-one stepped out of line and no-one new was too agressive in their challanges to that, everyone could get along with Ofcom (now vital to their survival) and each other essentially just doing their own, if actually samey, thing. So the 'dobbing in' to Ofcom slowly died out and everything settled into the current sometimes outwardly frustrating holding pattern. The frigid babe war commenced! RolleyesSmile

I think there may have been only momentary anxiety from the execs on this score since that time with the launch of an unknown factor, something like Sin say. That threatened the norm for a while; but such operators either fitted in with the rest (like bluebird) or botched their attempt (like Sin).

As such innovation and change comes only very slowly to this industry with all the channels doing much the same things at the same times - with much crossover whispers of direction between operators it would seem.

Advances in technology might be seen as a threat to the now long established pattern if one operator was really keen to invest heavily in serious new ways of interaction. The steps in this direction are coming currently, if quite timidly and with much 'experiment'.

So it does indeed seem at times like the balance of keeping everyone employed quite naturally trumps any serious competion between the current operators. Outside of a new operator bursting on the scene with serious financial backing to grab the tecnology mantel (unlikely in a diminishing market even if there is this relative state of flux going on atm) I can't foresee significant change in that any time soon.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
16-02-2016 14:38
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(04-02-2016 17:06 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  [Image: image-F163_56B376D6.jpg]

Katie makes her s66 debut tomorrow 11am-4pm Smile

Piper Niven Superfan
16-02-2016 20:11
greenray Offline
Posting Machine

Re the earlier comment re Studio 66 Nights being the best at the moment, I just have to say I completely disagree. They do come up with show stoppers like Clare and Lola, but in between, like tonight its often a desert. I might argue its the least night channel, as the other three I watch, BS, BS Unleashed & Xpanded, usually have someone I like, often more than one.
17-02-2016 03:19