Thread Rating:
  • 189 Vote(s) - 2.97 Average

Elite TV / Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion

Goodfella3041 Online
Posting Machine

RE: Elite TV/Studio 66 - General Chat & Discussion
(08-03-2015 10:10 )iluvcathy Wrote:  So it's not just a S66 problem.

A very fair point.

I must admit, I am a bit confused as to why S66 attracts so much criticism and so many apocalyptic predictions, when all of the channels seem to be struggling in one form or another. Across the whole genre, we are seeing fewer channels, fewer girls, tamer shows and endless repetition of the same old tired sets, outfits and routines. So why does S66 attract so much more criticism than all of the others put together?

To try and answer my own question, it may simply be that a sequence of fateful decisions have called more attention to it at S66 than it has at the other channels. First the dayshow was extended to 9:30 pm and then to 10:00 pm. Then tease hour 'events' by willing participants were extend to midnight and then to 01:00 AM. Then the dayshow itself was extended into the late night hours for girls not even willing to take dirty calls. It is all a symptom of the same malaise, in my opinion, but S66 has made it all more obvious by letting its day show gradually expand to the point that it is suffocating its night show.

And that, I suppose, is another (and more positive) way of looking at it. Because as much as I think the s66 night show is almost not worth watching these days, I also think that its day show is streets ahead of the other channels. The sets are just as dull and unimaginative, but they simply have a much bigger roster of better looking girls. And maybe there is a reason for that. Maybe there is less competition to be promiscuous on the phones - as there is at RLC - and the "glamour model" types are more comfortable with that. And maybe it's all a bit less "Milton Keynes" than Babestation is. For whatever reason, S66 just continues to attract more and better day show girls. Maybe the dayshow is S66's market and they are simply bigging up the one area where they are competitive with BS and RLC.

I know that none of this is consolation to folks who are only interested in the night shows. But it may at least provide an explanation as to why we are seeing what we're seeing and how S66 might continue to survive, even as it seems like their nightshow is slowly bleeding to death.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 14:35 by Goodfella3041.)
08-03-2015 11:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

Good post goodfella3041, pretty much agree with you but don't think the "extended dayshows" are suffocating the s66 nightshow because when s66 have a night with an extended dayshow, they have 2 nightbabes on and 1 daybabe so there are 2 babes to watch if people don't like the daybabe doing the extended dayshow which they can watch. Also the "extended dayshow" usually finishes around midnight-1am so the nightbabes will be doing most of the hours each night s66 does.

Also disagree the s66 nightshow is seemingly bleeding to death. Yes it has suffered a huge loss when clare richards retired from the babeshows and have lost other very good nightbabes, but they still have a good night roster including Kara De La Hoyde (best newcomer 2014) Kandi Kay, Sophia Lares, Olivia Berzinc and Victoria Roberts. Also Kerrie-Lee is returning in just under 2 weeks and Tommie-Jo could be a good signing for s66 and kira knight is apparently doing nights soon

Piper Niven Superfan
08-03-2015 11:25
CTimoS Offline
Junior Poster

(08-03-2015 11:06 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 10:10 )iluvcathy Wrote:  So it's not just a S66 problem.

A very fair point.

I must admit, I am a bit confused as to why S66 attracts so much criticism and so many apocalyptic predictions, when all of the channels seem to be struggling in one form or another. Across the whole genre, we are seeing fewer channels, fewer girls, tamer shows and endless repetition of the same old tired sets, outfits and routines. So why does S66 attract so much more criticism than all of the others put together?

To try and answer my own question, it may simply be that a sequence of fateful decisions have called more attention to it at S66 than it has at the other channels. First the dayshow was extended to 9:30 pm and then to 10:00 pm. Then tease hour 'events' by willing participants were extend to midnight and then to 01:00 AM. Then the dayshow itself was extended into the late night hours for girls not even willing to take dirty calls. It is all a symptom of the same, malaise, in my opinion, but S66 has made it all more obvious by letting its day show gradually expand to the point that it is suffocating its night show.

And that, I suppose, is another (and more positive) way of looking at it. Because as much as I think the s66 night show is almost not worth watching these days, I also think that its day show is streets ahead of the other channels. The sets are just as dull and unimaginative, but they simply have a much bigger roster of better looking girls. And maybe there is a reason for that. Maybe there is less competition to be promiscuous on the phones - as there is at RLC - and the "glamour model" types are more comfortable with that. And maybe it's all a bit less "Milton Keynes" than Babestation is. For whatever reason, S66 just continues to attract more and better day show girls. Maybe the dayshow is S66's market and they are simply bigging up the one area where they are competitive with BS and RLC.

I know that none of this is consolation to folks who are only interested in the night shows. But it may at least provide an explanation as to why we are seeing what we're seeing and how S66 might continue to survive, even as it seems like their nightshow is slowly bleeding to death.

Simply, what once was Elite TV and they set the tone for the night shows in the past and still have some existing 'Glamour Models' left ie, Becky Roberts.

All the other babe channels have caught up and now are taking over and as I watch all these shows and channels, S66 is to me is not the best.

Even the day time girls are on the other channels are on par with S66 and I can list them right here, but again, it's my opinion.

Xtreme Filth channel is a waste of time. Too many 'babes' on one set, trying to use the XXXpanded method and lets be honest, not the best 'babes' across the spectrum.

I do hope S66 get their act together as as I said before, they set the benchmark and the standard with hot babes and lots of energy with their shows to lets face it, makes us want to have that phone call.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 11:35 by CTimoS.)
08-03-2015 11:33
event horizon Offline
Junior Poster

(08-03-2015 11:06 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  So why does S66 attract so much more criticism than all of the others put together?

Perhaps because they are making more effort to do something different, to address the industry decline? I think the 'nightshow audience' are spending more and more of its time online these days. Instead of chasing a dwindling audience, perhaps concentrating on a more daytime format is a good idea for the channels, as the customers for that type of show are less likely to defect to the internet. Possibly Studio 66 are trying to be ahead of the game and have simply come up with a good response to market conditions? After all demand for the nightshow product is clearly diminishing and Studio 66 seem to be doing more to address this development than any of the other channels.
08-03-2015 11:45
TheLaughingMan Offline
Senior Poster

@CTimoS, lets not stretch it now. Yeah RLC has a pretty good day shift with the girls they have like Mikaela Witt, Mikki B and Electra Morgan sometimes doing it.

But with the loss of arguably one of the best girls they has in Amy Lu Bennett from the morning they have been left a little bit weaker. S66 also has Scarlett Bouvier a girls who is just stunning and already has a massive fanbase.
Just look how long Scarlett has been at it compared to arguably the top 3 RLC day girls and those girls have a combine Twitter following(which if you ask me is really the best indication of fan base size) of 136-7k and Scarlett alone has 135k.

Just to compare the popularity of girls they are trying to bring in. While still having fan favourites on like Becky Roberts, Fernanda, Anastasia Harris, Cara Brett, Cara Steel, Evelyn, etc and even some new girls like Tiffany and Kara De La hoyde sometimes doing the day time shifts.

Red Light has a great day shift too-wouldn't really consider it better than S66 myself. Honestly though even a suggestion that Babe Station has a close or better morning/day shift is crazy.
Half the day you spend looking at pre-recorded messages and they have maybe 1 quality day girl in Zhora and the rest is just so neglected.
Babe Station may be the market leader at night, but loses a lot of ground to Red Light and Studio 66 at day.

I would even suggest that the Studio 66 day time shifts are getting better.
08-03-2015 12:11
CTimoS Offline
Junior Poster

(08-03-2015 12:11 )TheLaughingMan Wrote:  @CTimoS, lets not stretch it now. Yeah RLC has a pretty good day shift with the girls they have like Mikaela Witt, Mikki B and Electra Morgan sometimes doing it.

But with the loss of arguably one of the best girls they has in Amy Lu Bennett from the morning they have been left a little bit weaker. S66 also has Scarlett Bouvier a girls who is just stunning and already has a massive fanbase.
Just look how long Scarlett has been at it compared to arguably the top 3 RLC day girls and those girls have a combine Twitter following(which if you ask me is really the best indication of fan base size) of 136-7k and Scarlett alone has 135k.

Just to compare the popularity of girls they are trying to bring in. While still having fan favourites on like Becky Roberts, Fernanda, Anastasia Harris, Cara Brett, Cara Steel, Evelyn, etc and even some new girls like Tiffany and Kara De La hoyde sometimes doing the day time shifts.

Red Light has a great day shift too-wouldn't really consider it better than S66 myself. Honestly though even a suggestion that Babe Station has a close or better morning/day shift is crazy.
Half the day you spend looking at pre-recorded messages and they have maybe 1 quality day girl in Zhora and the rest is just so neglected.
Babe Station may be the market leader at night, but loses a lot of ground to Red Light and Studio 66 at day.

08-03-2015 12:22
DeadPanStan Offline
Senior Poster

(08-03-2015 11:45 )event horizon Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 11:06 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  So why does S66 attract so much more criticism than all of the others put together?

Perhaps because they are making more effort to do something different, to address the industry decline? I think the 'nightshow audience' are spending more and more of its time online these days. Instead of chasing a dwindling audience, perhaps concentrating on a more daytime format is a good idea for the channels, as the customers for that type of show are less likely to defect to the internet. Possibly Studio 66 are trying to be ahead of the game and have simply come up with a good response to market conditions? After all demand for the nightshow product is clearly diminishing and Studio 66 seem to be doing more to address this development than any of the other channels.

This seems about right to me. People, well at least the ones expressing S66's doom on this board, seem to mostly want the night show to be night only-which is fair enough.
But more so they don't just want that they want the night show to be the night show 3-5 years ago....ignoring the fact that with OC and the market the way it is that really can't happen anymore.
Sure BS have been sticking more closes to it on BS1 and only the other two channels are really getting tamer. But what we know is BS in it's last year business was down....
So they seem to want S66 to replicate other channels aka BS1-which we already established they can't with OC-and replicate them for what? A business model that is becoming less and less profitable? Surprised
Why on Earth would S66 even contemplate trying that? They used to do something similar, as has been stated multiple times by the merchants of doom.
So on that point why did they stop? 3 reason I could guess at-it wasn't as successful as people would suggest, OC regulations make it too hard to do that and avoid costly fines or finally the new producers are just that bad....
Honestly to me only two of those reason seem logical. As I have said before though-with the ever changing and uncertain climate of the babe channels I think S66 and BS are still doing a really good job. Last night on all 3 main channels was pretty good stuff.
08-03-2015 12:23
CTimoS Offline
Junior Poster

(08-03-2015 12:22 )CTimoS Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:11 )TheLaughingMan Wrote:  @CTimoS, lets not stretch it now. Yeah RLC has a pretty good day shift with the girls they have like Mikaela Witt, Mikki B and Electra Morgan sometimes doing it.

At the end of the day, the night shows are what people want to see not 'extended' day shows and in comparison, the other channels offer better viewing after 9pm.

People say that callers are going to the internet to view the glamour models on that platform and not on TV, but if you look at it, a very high percentage of the models are doing webcam work instead ie on adultwork.

If S66 are trying to do 'extended' daytime shows, then it's going back in the day of Smile TV!
08-03-2015 12:30
ShandyHand Offline
No Paywall Onlys - not babeshows

^ Yes it's s66's 'answers' to the babeshow's problems that provoke so much discussion and disagreement on here. These have proved the marmite of the genre. Do you like your glamour or your dirty tit?!

I'm not at all convinced that even s66 see what they are doing lately as the future of the babeshows. They are merely playing to the small strengths they have atm and getting by.

I don't see their death on the immediate horizon either really. Lack of nipple at night doesn't seem to be crippling them right now. I don't like what they are doing with their night shows but I don't see it as totally fatal. Some people on here may be quite vocal about 66 but I don't think their lack of spending is effecting the channel a great deal.

The corner shop analogy used earlier in this thread is quite apt. These type of shops can do lots of things badly and still survive. Familiarity, convenience, supplying the thing the big boys don't - in a style that's their own. That what brings people back. You just have to do those things well enough.

As to why the naysayers here don't simply watch one of the other channels? Well, for me, I do! But I keep coming back to this channel and it's night time problems because I'd like to see it pull through. As I've said before it's because I have a great fondness for when this channel was the best at proper night shows too. I want to see if it can get them 'right' again. Simple as that really.

The idea that the babeshows "are not that deep" is driven by those that don't wish to acknowledge how much effective customer service and a consideration of psychology impacts users' future interactions.
08-03-2015 12:31
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-03-2015 12:11 )TheLaughingMan Wrote:  Red Light has a great day shift too-wouldn't really consider it better than S66 myself. Honestly though even a suggestion that Babe Station has a close or better morning/day shift is crazy.

Babestation may not be the market leader for day shows, but they do give you much more cultural variety than the other channels.
Lets not forget as well has broadcasting day shows from the UK, BS/Cellcast also broadcast Asian Connections at certain times on Ch 906, and full Asian Connections day show on Ch 945, they also broadcast the Babestation Latinas day show as well at certain times of the day on Ch 909 .

So if you want to speak to girls from different country's and different cultures then BS/Cellcast gives you that option, RLC and STD 66 don't . Variety is the spice of life they say .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 12:41 by mr mystery.)
08-03-2015 12:40