RE: Member Status
lol...sometimes i just get carried away mate Wink

Tutorials :-: Picture upload via ImageVenue :-: Any File upload Via RapidShare
09-12-2008 19:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

The members seem to be online, offline or away. I was wondering what the away status means. Does it mean they have not logged out but are no longer viewing the forum site?
10-01-2009 18:51
BristolRovers Offline
Just another poster

TheWatcher Wrote:The members seem to be online, offline or away. I was wondering what the away status means. Does it mean they have not logged out but are no longer viewing the forum site?

The Away status is only shown when a member chooses to set their profile to that status. Also a banned member's profile is set to away automatically.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 18:59 by BristolRovers.)
10-01-2009 18:58
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

BristolRovers Wrote:
TheWatcher Wrote:The members seem to be online, offline or away. I was wondering what the away status means. Does it mean they have not logged out but are no longer viewing the forum site?

The Away status is only shown when a member chooses to set their profile to that status. Also a banned member's profile is set to away automatically.

Thanks for info. I saw Shiny Helmet was away and knew he was not banned. That's why I asked.
10-01-2009 19:17
phallusfungus Away

kalel76 Wrote:
skateguy Wrote:
TheWatcher Wrote:
skully Wrote:Yeah, it's the amount of time each individual has spent logged in to the forum.

A lot of members, like myself, often browse without logging in until wanting to make a post or view some attachment. The time spent in total would be frightening if known.

And conversely members like myself often just leave a page open (new posts) for hours while not actually browsing that site - my total time indicated is frightening, but is only a fraction of the number of hours I've really spent on the site.

I do the samething too lol.

I had a look at your profile kalel and noticed your time on the forum was pretty impressive - more impressive even than the number of your posts. A rep's on its way for your contributions. 3,000 tonight or tomorrow?

He who wears a bullet-proof vest cannot complain if he gets shot in the bollocks.
10-01-2009 19:31
A Spider Monkey Offline
7th Level Invisible Ninja

phallusfungus Wrote:
kalel76 Wrote:
skateguy Wrote:
TheWatcher Wrote:
skully Wrote:Yeah, it's the amount of time each individual has spent logged in to the forum.

A lot of members, like myself, often browse without logging in until wanting to make a post or view some attachment. The time spent in total would be frightening if known.

And conversely members like myself often just leave a page open (new posts) for hours while not actually browsing that site - my total time indicated is frightening, but is only a fraction of the number of hours I've really spent on the site.

I do the samething too lol.

I had a look at your profile kalel and noticed your time on the forum was pretty impressive - more impressive even than the number of your posts. A rep's on its way for your contributions. 3,000 tonight or tomorrow?

Nearly a month on the forum. That's dedication for you. I'm just coming up to 2.5 days!!!

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears

"a clunge like a burst bean bag"
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 19:40 by A Spider Monkey.)
10-01-2009 19:40
vicayers Offline
Senior Poster

BristolRovers Wrote:The Away status is only shown when a member chooses to set their profile to that status. Also a banned member's profile is set to away automatically.

Thanks for clarifying that Bristol Rovers.
11-01-2009 02:23
$h!ny h3lm3t Offline
* annaholic *

TheWatcher Wrote:Thanks for info. I saw Shiny Helmet was away and knew he was not banned. That's why I asked.
I am now back, rather than logging out i go invisible and then change status to 'away', if i'm away for a period of time.

One thing that does bug me however is the 'invisible' members, why do they sign in as invisible on a forum unless they've got something to hide. Rolleyes

If your dying day is near, spend it with a can of beer.
When the angels start to call, make sure you`ve drunk it all.
11-01-2009 11:10