Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average

Private Messaging

Plankton Offline
Junior Poster

Private Messaging
I hate to start another negative thread on here, but I'm curious to hear your opinions/experiences....

The girls were giving the new Private Messaging service the hard-sell last night. So, despite having sent a PM a week or so ago which cost me £1.50 and elicited no response, I gave it another go.

I sent a message to Geri at around 10.30pm when she went off-screen - this text cost me a few pence.

About 10 minutes later, I received a text asking me to reply with my full date of birth. This text cost me £1.50. It seemed strange that I needed age-verification, as I have used this phone to text the show numerous times before, but…

After I replied to this text (costing a few pence), I then received 3 or 4 free spam texts (you know the sort: send a text to 6**** for naked pics etc.).

I was then sent another text at £1.50 saying something like "want to chat and see naked pics of me?" This text was sent after Geri had returned to the screen, so it obviously wasn't from her. At this point, I figured it was time to give up and stop wasting money.

So, how about the rest of you? I'm assuming I'm not the only mug to try the PM service. Has anyone had a genuine response to their texts? Am I the only one to get scammed? Did I give up too soon? Let me know! :-)
03-01-2010 11:51
Find all posts by this user
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

RE: Private Messaging
yep tried it once myself then soon caught on that its all a scam and thats the reason i dont text in anymore.
paying £1.50 to give your name age and stuff is out of order but its good that you have seen through it that it is not the girl you want replying to you.

FFS they are on their break do we really expect them to be sitting there texting us? they are probably getting a coffee and having quick a fag before they are back on again. (imagine you work in a shop, would you spend your 15 min break putting stuff on shelves? or if in an office do you spend your lunch break filing everyday?)

The worst one is the msn-chat that they promote on the website has anyone else tried that scam? same set up really £1.50 per message received most of which were
'whats your name age dob'
'do you watch me on the telly'
'do you want some pictures to your mobile'

just far too silly
03-01-2010 12:08
RonnieS Offline
Junior Poster

I have used this service in the past and find the experience extremely variable. Very rarely i have had a response which seems to reply explicitly to my texts and can have a good "chat". More often you get a generally explicit remark which doesn't respond to the suggest in your text and occasionally you get a response which bombards you with unrequested pictures at three quid a time.

The other day i messaged Dionne and got a response from "Alex". Like the previous poster i don't actually think the girls on screen are the ones sending the texts so i presume the reason "Alex" identified herself was to push pics and videos.
03-01-2010 12:46
simplymarko Offline
Account Closed

(03-01-2010 12:46 )RonnieS Wrote:  The other day i messaged Dionne and got a response from "Alex". Like the previous poster i don't actually think the girls on screen are the ones sending the texts so i presume the reason "Alex" identified herself was to push pics and videos.

I would be suprised if the person replying to 'private texting' is actually any of the girls on screen or to be honest even a girl at all
as you have said the responses are rarely corresponding to the message you send and are probably generated via a computer or just some fat bloke sitting about getting 10p for every time he texts someone back

the only channel that I have known to do this properly is hotel voyeur and that can be a bit hit and miss, Tammy would always reply and ive actually had some decent chats with her over texts (you can see her replying on the screen and even sometimes gave shout outs) but i dont think she will be back on that channel.
most of the other girls arent as good
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 13:00 by simplymarko.)
03-01-2010 12:57
Spacey Offline
Master Poster

OK I have tried it and what I don't get is why they change the numbers for the private texts & why is it the same number for pics as all I got was a pic & a message saying the girl you wanted to chat to is not chatting now & the usual half dozen promo texts before I eventually got a reply.
I mean last night Geri & all the other girls said if you want to private text put girls name space message & send it to 69069.
But when Paige left screen she said if you want to private text me send PAIGE space message to 69115.
I even heard Alex say that when swapping over with Paige to Private text Paige send PAIGE space message to 69069 when Paige was still there. so what is the right number or as they are saying above is it just a scam as my experience with it has put me off using it anymore.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2010 17:04 by Spacey.)
03-01-2010 15:05
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

I wouldn't bother wasting your money. Cellcast are well known for their scams. The reply you're getting is probably from one of the guys who works on the show.
03-01-2010 15:09
BigChuck Offline
"computeramabob.....simples"

do you guys honestly believe its the girls who are texting back? come on how many guys do you think will be texting? do you think they are going to sit texting while they are on a break....

it'll be an automated response you get, and your number will be passed on to a spamiing list, thats the way most of these things work.

I molested myself last night, i tried to say no, but i knew i wanted it.

like a ninja....
03-01-2010 15:56
SOOPSOOP Offline
Banned

I don't even think a lot of the post on here are from girls who claim to be on the tv. Some will be, others won't. Especially the overt ones, advertising what times their on.

Hi guys and girls it's me, i'll be on tonight, all horney - yeah I believe it's you. Rolleyes
03-01-2010 16:21
Chilly Away
Posting Machine

This is yet another really nice thing they've done to their viewers. Cellcast are such a nice company, aren't they. Rolleyes

(04-12-2008 09:56 )Sarah Wrote:  
vostok 1 Wrote:Does anyone remember the competition from about 3 years ago to win a Babestation EVO?

It was constantly advertised on B.Station and Babecast as a £3 text entry, had Holly James, Tiff, Dani and a few others posing on the car in the advert...

The car itself was bright green, with Babestation logos all over.

At the time the competition was going I saw it being driven around the Hackbridge area in Surrey.

So do we have a winner, ha, ha?

Gosh-this brings back memories! We did a shoot with that car (not me-our company) & it was an insurance write off before being put back on the road & blinged up as the BS car.

It as at Donny North & girls were offering kisses to anyone that text the number to win the car-it wasn't just one text, they were on a monthly sign up so you paid over & over again before (hopefully) you spotted it & realised you had to text STOP. It was legalised extortion & left a bad taste.

I think they must have been pulled up over it as suddenly it wasn't mentioned & not done again to my knowledge.
03-01-2010 16:58
Winston Wolfe Offline
AKA "Mr. Black"

It doesn't take much to figure out there is no way any of the girls would be able to respond to all the text messages personally... They just wouldn't have the time.

I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
04-01-2010 10:54
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV