Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average

Ofcom Discussion

continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Ofcom Discussion
(16-01-2017 22:34 )MR PERFECT Wrote:  They could survive. But are they serving a purpose now? I stopped watching some time ago and haven't had any curiosity to check again as it was dull and lifeless. Seems to me the channels stopped putting in an effort a few years back and are using technology as a way of bleeding money out of viewers instead of putting on proper shows. It wouldn't surprise me if ofcom and the channels are working together.

Good point! i agree they are not serving much of a purpose, however there must be a market for it because the public are still calling in. About your comment with ofcom and the babe channels working together seems to be a valid argument, like i said in my post Ofcom could of shut these channels years ago if they wanted to. I just hope Ofcom will see the light of day and relax some of the laws, but i can't see that happening, i'm not sure when ofcom look at the current rules and regs in 2017?
16-01-2017 23:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MR PERFECT Offline
Banned

Regular TV has more adult visual than so called 18+ purpose shows. Sadly I believe anyone waiting for relaxed rules may as well go watch paint dry.
16-01-2017 23:35
derekdas Offline
Posting Machine

As regards to what the girls can or can't say or show on air, it seems to me the channels only need to announce at the start of the late shows and maybe occasionally throughout the broadcast, that the viewer is warned that they may witness scenes of a sexual nature, adult themes, bad language and angry confrontations and be allowed to broadcast whatever they like. As is Celebrity Big Brother.
18-01-2017 14:04
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(15-01-2017 20:15 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Ofcom keeps bollocking S66 for showing the pervcam on tv apparently can have pervcam but the webcam must be hidden off screen some girls spend all shift moving the cams

If this story is true S66 don't seem too troubled by it yet, as I've seen the pervcam several times over the last couple of nights.
19-01-2017 00:32
grantorino Offline
Senior Poster

its only a rumour on the forum
19-01-2017 08:14
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(18-01-2017 14:04 )derekdas Wrote:  As regards to what the girls can or can't say or show on air, it seems to me the channels only need to announce at the start of the late shows and maybe occasionally throughout the broadcast, that the viewer is warned that they may witness scenes of a sexual nature, adult themes, bad language and angry confrontations and be allowed to broadcast whatever they like. As is Celebrity Big Brother.

The problem is they are classified as different products by ofcom, things like cbb are classified as entertainment programs so have creative control of there content that lits them create a product that fits with the story they are telling,
The babeshows are classified as adverts so do not have the right to creative control, as they are not tv shows, the rules for adverts are a lot tighter which is why the babeshows can't show as much as a show on bbc1 could for example

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
19-01-2017 12:53
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(19-01-2017 00:32 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 20:15 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Ofcom keeps bollocking S66 for showing the pervcam on tv apparently can have pervcam but the webcam must be hidden off screen some girls spend all shift moving the cams

If this story is true S66 don't seem too troubled by it yet, as I've seen the pervcam several times over the last couple of nights.

My understanding is they are looking at the day shows at the moment, I have heard nothing related to nights

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
19-01-2017 12:55
derekdas Offline
Posting Machine

(19-01-2017 12:53 )winsaw Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 14:04 )derekdas Wrote:  As regards to what the girls can or can't say or show on air, it seems to me the channels only need to announce at the start of the late shows and maybe occasionally throughout the broadcast, that the viewer is warned that they may witness scenes of a sexual nature, adult themes, bad language and angry confrontations and be allowed to broadcast whatever they like. As is Celebrity Big Brother.

The problem is they are classified as different products by ofcom, things like cbb are classified as entertainment programs so have creative control of there content that lits them create a product that fits with the story they are telling,
The babeshows are classified as adverts so do not have the right to creative control, as they are not tv shows, the rules for adverts are a lot tighter which is why the babeshows can't show as much as a show on bbc1 could for example
I know what you're saying is perfectly true. However, one of the many criteria that prevail is to prevent the possibility that this content could be "accidentally" accessed by young teenagers and unwitting members of the public and expose them to bad language and sexual content. How many teenagers do you know that aren't talking about CBB?
19-01-2017 13:47
MR PERFECT Offline
Banned

^The criteria to prevent is just something they dreempt up over the past few years. The content has always been available for people to accidently accessed because of the sky epg there has been an adult section for a long time. Do ofcom really think that people since 2010 are more psychology fragile than they where in times past when the shows where worthy of the suggestion that they are adult in nature.

As regards bad language I think in about 10 years before I stopped watching I heard bad language twice, both followed quickly by an apology.
19-01-2017 17:04
HannahsPet Online
Posting Machine

"Do ofcom really think that people since 2010 are more psychology fragile than they where in times past when the shows where worthy of the suggestion that they are adult in nature. "

yes they are called the Snowflake generation cant handle anything prob cant handle the fact that women want to spend there time talking to members of the opposite sex while wearing little

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
19-01-2017 19:13