preetiandpriya.com

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average

How to fix Asian Babes

vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

RE: How to fix Asian Babes
(07-10-2009 16:20 )StanTheMan Wrote:  Thanks, vostok, a brilliant post. As for the above paragraph, quoted from your post, does this mean there's a real possibilty that the babeshows' days are numbered?

I don't think the upcoming consultation will mean the end of the Babe Shows, not at all.

The consultation could not have come at a better time. While much of the regular TV industry is in finical melt-down, the Babe Shows continue to flourish. (according to the Participation Broadcasters Trade Association, the trade group that represents many of the Babe Show brodcasters.)

For Ofcom to try and pull the plug on an entire industry that generates tax £'s in the current climate is beyond even Ofcoms hypocrisy.

I can see tighter regulation in regards to the use of the Premium rate numbers and reverse text billing in the same way that Ofcom insisted on changes relating to the quiz shows that rely on people phoning in, by having a clearer definition on what you an expect from phoning, with something like a countdown timer displayed on screen to show how many other callers are on the line in front of you, so the days of being told "you can get straight through" may come to an end. And little "scams" advertised on screen such as "PHONE THE GIRL ON SCREEN TO GET HER TOTALLY NAKED, HER LINE IS TOTALLY FREE" could also be relegated to Babe Show history.

But I don't think the Babe Shows will disappear while people are still happy to pay £1.50 per minute, regardless of what one person at Ofcom may want.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2009 01:56 by vostok 1.)
08-10-2009 01:55
Find all posts by this user
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(08-10-2009 01:55 )vostok 1 Wrote:  But I don't think the Babe Shows will disappear while people are still happy to pay £1.50 per minute, regardless of what one person at Ofcom may want.

Good! Who is this 'one person' at Ofcom, by the way. Does he like to spend his spare time jumping over very long sand pits, by any chance?
08-10-2009 17:12
Digital Dave Away
Retired

Personally I think Hofmeister's story was a crock of shit - exaggeration for dramatic effect. As certain very knowledgeable people here have pointed out, Ofcom have no such authority to shut channels down willy nilly, especially in a matter of hours and at the behest of a single individual.

If Babe World seriously gave 250k to lawyers to supposedly stay on air then they're so stupid they deserve to go out of business.
08-10-2009 21:32
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Just getting back on topic here for a moment, I've had another idea for spicing up both Asian Babes and the daytime sister programme Asian Connection. This idea is probably a risk too far, as it would mean effectively handing editorial control over to the babes, but how about remote control cams for the main show, just as they have for the 3G shows? I don't know if the main show's cameras have remote control function, but look at it this way, Hof, you'd be the first Babeshow to implement such a feature if you went ahead and did it.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2009 21:50 by StanTheMan.)
08-10-2009 21:48
Hofmiester Offline
Junior Poster

Well being that I run 10 of the babe chanels, not sure why would I talk a crock of shit.

I also said that the together we spent £250,000 thats Babeworld, Sport, Bang Media, and Cellcast. I haven't got £250,000 to spend on Lawyers.

As for remote cams Way to Risky, I have a long term business plan - "Keep my licence's" LOL

HOF
09-10-2009 01:02
dragonking Away
Way of the DRAGON

(09-10-2009 01:02 )Hofmiester Wrote:  Well being that I run 10 of the babe chanels, not sure why would I talk a crock of shit.

I also said that the together we spent £250,000 thats Babeworld, Sport, Bang Media, and Cellcast. I haven't got £250,000 to spend on Lawyers.

As for remote cams Way to Risky, I have a long term business plan - "Keep my licence's" LOL

HOF

good answer lol

Hope the 900 channels stay for many, many years to come. keep up the excellent work hof

WHAT DOES'NT KILL YOU JUST MAKES YOU STRONGER SO C'MON BRING IT ON!!

Funny prank call
11-10-2009 02:35
scorpi-d Offline
Senior Poster

Asian babes
Why is the background music always SO loud eek . My eardrums hurt when i flick to your channel. This also includes the daytime show.
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2009 10:47 by scorpi-d.)
20-10-2009 10:42
vernnybay Offline
Junior Poster

I would really love them to do the following with the Music

1. Turn down the volume compared to the long mic volume when the Babes ask their viewers to phone in and give the options - I can never hear the Babes names over the volume of the Music

2. Let the Babes hear the Music at a low level to give them some Rhythm and to allow them to complain when the same tune is played continuously for 24/7 LOL

3. I like the Thai Music Flavour, but just ring the changes throughout the Broadcast PLEASE - to stop it sounding like a Shopping Mall at Xmas doing a constant Jingle Bells !

4. Come up with an automatic method of cutting the Music Volume - possibly to OFF - when the Babes use the long Mic and back ON when the Babes turn the Mike OFF

And some fell on stoney ground..........Big Grin
23-04-2011 04:13
sweetsugar007 Offline
Big Ass Lover

I certainly have not been in the past a fan of Asian babes but I certainly respect the channel and Hof for his frank submission.being a solicitor myself I would be very keen to read the case papers on this and my sister and her husband are media lawyers they are with me now for Easter and I just discussed this with her and she said they certainly do have the power to reclassify the channels.In essence someone is selling proactively and the channel does business that way.She said it's no different to QVC.

It's certainly an interesting tactic in our opinion and would be interested to understand how they eventually lost.We were thinking a restraint of trade counter claim would have been the tactic.

Spiderman,Spiderman,does whatever a Spider can!!!
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2011 08:14 by sweetsugar007.)
23-04-2011 08:13
Thailand Offline
Official Asian Babes

(23-04-2011 04:13 )vernnybay Wrote:  I would really love them to do the following with the Music

1. Turn down the volume compared to the long mic volume when the Babes ask their viewers to phone in and give the options - I can never hear the Babes names over the volume of the Music

2. Let the Babes hear the Music at a low level to give them some Rhythm and to allow them to complain when the same tune is played continuously for 24/7 LOL

3. I like the Thai Music Flavour, but just ring the changes throughout the Broadcast PLEASE - to stop it sounding like a Shopping Mall at Xmas doing a constant Jingle Bells !

4. Come up with an automatic method of cutting the Music Volume - possibly to OFF - when the Babes use the long Mic and back ON when the Babes turn the Mike OFF

And some fell on stoney ground..........Big Grin

Many thanks for your input. The music has only been run from Thailand for about a month, it was run from the UK prior to that, we are still working on getting everything regarding the music working properly. Point 1. - We are aware of the problems and are not currently using a Noise Gate/Ducker (automatic method of cutting the background music when a presenter uses the microphone, because it hasn't arrived, Thai customs are a joke). Point 2. - is unfortunately a copywrite issue, we play copywrited music in the studio which makes the presenters move/dance. The broadcast music does not have the same effect on them understandably. Point 3. - we are already working on it but finding the right music is taking some time. Point 4. - is the same as Point 1. so has already been covered.

Thanks again for the input.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2011 21:54 by Thailand.)
23-04-2011 21:41
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

preetiandpriya.com