Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average

Darts

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

RE: Darts
A few observations.

This ongoing Williams vs. Nilsson match is a truly dreadful advertisement for the BDO. Pair of glorified pub players.

The caller of this match is the absolute pits. It's bad enough that he has a Jonathon Ross-style lisp so that he says "One Hundwed", but his calling is so monotonous and drawn out.

Rob Walker on Channel 4 is destroying the coverage with his usual insincere 'I-Know-Nothing-About-The Sport' style. I know the host need to promote the events and point out when there's been something impressive, or praise an individual for a performance, but every single match - according to this lanky cunt - is a dramatic classic. He really isn't doing the BDO any favours with his nonsensical hyperbole.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
09-01-2018 13:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Since the PDC set up its own qualifying school the BDO has become largely irrelevant as up and coming players now don't need it as a feeder school to the PDC they can go straight there and come up the ranks of the PDC.

The only thing it does have over the PDC is that it has a womens World Championship and womens tournaments around the year which the PDC seems to have no interest in establishing in their brand
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 13:56 by mikedafc.)
09-01-2018 13:52
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(09-01-2018 13:41 )Robot Devil Wrote:  Rob Walker on Channel 4 is destroying the coverage with his usual insincere 'I-Know-Nothing-About-The Sport' style. I know the host need to promote the events and point out when there's been something impressive, or praise an individual for a performance, but every single match - according to this lanky cunt - is a dramatic classic. He really isn't doing the BDO any favours with his nonsensical hyperbole.
Still better than Colin Murray. Or Ray Stubbs, for that matter. BDO darts really doesn't seem to get blessed with good presenters (they've got some bloke doing analysis and interviews who's a washout too). Vassos aka Chris Evans' mate is at least in the ballpark of a 3-digit IQ.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
09-01-2018 13:58
Robot Devil Offline

(09-01-2018 13:58 )Doddle Wrote:  
(09-01-2018 13:41 )Robot Devil Wrote:  Rob Walker on Channel 4 is destroying the coverage with his usual insincere 'I-Know-Nothing-About-The Sport' style. I know the host need to promote the events and point out when there's been something impressive, or praise an individual for a performance, but every single match - according to this lanky cunt - is a dramatic classic. He really isn't doing the BDO any favours with his nonsensical hyperbole.
Still better than Colin Murray. Or Ray Stubbs, for that matter. BDO darts really doesn't seem to get blessed with good presenters (they've got some bloke doing analysis and interviews who's a washout too). Vassos aka Chris Evans' mate is at least in the ballpark of a 3-digit IQ.

Oh fuck, I'd almost forgotten about that Kenny cunt that does all the interviews. Who is he? All I can tell about him - other than the fact he only has one arm - is that he CLEARLY knows fuck all about darts! And Vassos.......every bit as irritating as Wayne Mardle on Sky.

EDIT: The idiot interviewer is actually called Danny, not Kenny. Gormless twat.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 15:46 by Robot Devil.)
09-01-2018 14:25
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

(09-01-2018 13:52 )mikedafc Wrote:  Since the PDC set up its own qualifying school the BDO has become largely irrelevant as up and coming players now don't need it as a feeder school to the PDC they can go straight there and come up the ranks of the PDC.

The only thing it does have over the PDC is that it has a womens World Championship and womens tournaments around the year which the PDC seems to have no interest in establishing in their brand

Take rob cross failed in qualifying events for BDO World championships and Masters in 2015 and then moves to PDC in over a year World champion and beats the prob greatest darts player of all time

makes struggling in the BDO seem not worthwhile

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2018 15:23 by HannahsPet.)
09-01-2018 15:22
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I never get how Vassos can be a BBC person on most days but a C4 one every once in a while (see also Clare Balding for being a media fidget).

Geert de Vos must have had a topsy-turvy one. He seemed to be hitting 180s for fun at one point, and his oppo was the kind of brain cell who celebrates checking out on double top, only to find he'd bust because he needed 30, not 40. But it finished up close.

I concede it's hard to laud the BDO players when hitting 100+ seems to be more an exception than a rule.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
09-01-2018 20:23
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

There's a first, Scotty Dog Waite playing darts with a sweatband on his left wrist. Who says it's not a physically demanding sport Wink
10-01-2018 14:05
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

^ was quite a high quality match
10-01-2018 15:23
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

(10-01-2018 14:05 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  There's a first, Scotty Dog Waite
You mean Mitchell Wink I'm glad he lost anyway.

10-01-2018 17:25
Robot Devil Offline

Conan Whitehead looks a decent player. Definitely see him jumping ship to the PDC in the foreseeable future.

After (disappointingly) losing yesterday Danny Noppert has quit the BDO and is heading to PDC's Q-School.

11-01-2018 15:38