gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 32 Vote(s) - 3.28 Average

Thanks Button

terence Offline

RE: Thanks Button
(26-09-2014 18:03 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  However, on other forums, the number of thanks given by each member is visible. Currently only admin seems to be party to this info. If it was public, then it might prompt some more generosity of spirit.

it's a good idea but unfortunately like some long standing members who abused (and still abuse imo) the rep system by begging and scraping for reps, this might well create another 'competition' to see who can be the biggest thanker thus making the thanks pointless, in the same way munch pointed out in his previous post.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
26-09-2014 18:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Addison Away
Lukewarm water

(24-09-2014 22:02 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Back in the day video uploads used to get 40+ thanks, now you're lucky if it gets past 10.

That's because for a long time, a relatively small number of members uploaded videos. The few provided for the many. That's all changed (for one thing, a lot of people will now be recording the streams for themselves; except for catching the odd stint that they missed, they don't need someone else to do it for them anymore). It's a shame it took you so long to look into the business of becoming a capper and video provider, SB; it was like a Thanks gold rush early on! (we didn't even have the thanks button initially; people actually posted individually written thanks replies! The irony is that the early cappers and vid makers seemed more altruistic than some of the more recent providers; you got the feeling they weren't doing it primarily to get a pat on the back or a positive Rep point).
26-09-2014 18:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Without taking this discussion off topic in many ways that's a positive thing, back in the day we only really had like you have stated an elite few members who were able to record the streams, these days the number has increased substantially.

This however shouldn't be taken as a given, at the moment there is enough of us who are covering the vids pretty well. But who knows maybe in a few years this might dry up and one of the reasons could very well be because of the feeling of being taken for granted and thus unappreciated, I mean what if the vid makers union decide to go on strike then just how empty might this forum become Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 19:35 by Scottishbloke.)
26-09-2014 18:56
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

Can we have a hate button?

Joking aside i try my best to thank people's comments and caps and vids of my fave babes, however i don't read every single thread so i shouldn't be expected to thank every post, pic and vid, some of these babeshows babes used to thank people's posts but quickly got too lazy to press a thanks button and that goes for some members on here as well i suppose, today an established babestation model complained on twitter about someone posting a negative comment about her, but not once have i seen her on here thanking people for saying good stuff about her, i don't expect these babeshow girls to always thank every post or talk to us for free of course, just the odd thanks once in a while will do

another reason for caps and vids not being thanked as much as before is because the babeshows are tamer now and people have lost intrest in viewing caps and vids, though if a babe who doesn't usually get naked gets naked then plenty of members will thank the caps and vids that get posted
26-09-2014 22:02
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(26-09-2014 22:02 )Joey 27 Wrote:  Can we have a hate button?

Actually, one of the original 'Thanks' hacks also had a corresponding 'Groan' hack for those posts that just didn't deserve thanks Big Grin

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
26-09-2014 22:39
Bandwagon Away
Nuclear Baby

(26-09-2014 22:02 )Joey 27 Wrote:  Can we have a hate button?

If that ever happened it'd take over the thanks button Bounce

People would abuse it without doubt and create a shit storm of ill feeling I'm afraid (but it would be interesting to see what names actually popped up though) laugh

Your right though, Joey, it's just pure laziness that's all and we all probably need a good kick up the arse!

Whilst I'm here though, I would like to highlight someone who has always stood out to me for taking the time to hit the thanks button :

Step forward Jimmyt73

Also the mods because they lead by example (which isn't a given)

Let the...." Bandwagon you brown nosed, nappy faced cunt" posts commence.

Where's that 'bitch button' Big Laugh
27-09-2014 08:06
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

@Bandwagon you brown nosed, nappy faced cunt

BounceBounceBounce

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
27-09-2014 12:01
Fernandez Esperenda Offline
Banned

(26-09-2014 18:24 )terence Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 18:03 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  However, on other forums, the number of thanks given by each member is visible. Currently only admin seems to be party to this info. If it was public, then it might prompt some more generosity of spirit.

it's a good idea but unfortunately like some long standing members who abused (and still abuse imo) the rep system by begging and scraping for reps, this might well create another 'competition' to see who can be the biggest thanker thus making the thanks pointless, in the same way munch pointed out in his previous post.

Slightly off topic but could admin or somebody maybe remove the post count and make it only visable to mods and admin to hoplefully stop certain members filling the threads with the same repetitive posts just to show a bigger post count to others?...

I think it will make for better more interesting posts than constant same sentence posted continually.

*TORCIDA JOVEM*COM O SANTOS ONDE E COMO ELE ESTIVER
FCP mais que um clube*Super Dragoes*
#RODGERS OUT
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2014 20:44 by Fernandez Esperenda.)
27-09-2014 20:43
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(26-09-2014 18:03 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  on other forums, the number of thanks given by each member is visible. Currently only admin seems to be party to this info. If it was public, then it might prompt some more generosity of spirit.

I've just noticed a new feature today when I go to my profile page and anybody elses. It now displays the thanks you have received aswell as given - It sort of names and shames those members too miserable to say thank you Big Laugh so it looks like circles got his wish afterall Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2015 02:18 by Scottishbloke.)
17-04-2015 02:13
terence Offline

^i knew you'd be the first one to spot and post about it! i had you in the mod sweepstakes, cheers mate! Tongue

(tbh, we all actually had you , but that makes us all winners, which is nice!) Big Grin

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
17-04-2015 08:39
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles